Dear Song of Horror fans,
Although the game is already out, we are still working hard on Song of Horror. Today, we introduce the first of several post-launch updates. This one focuses on general tweaks to the whole title, which include bug fixes, quality-of-life improvements, and important changes to the photograph puzzle in Episode 5, making it more accessible and easier to solve.
Here's everything Update 1.21 adds to Song of Horror:
- Removed some locations where The Silence could get stuck.
- You should no longer get stuck when watching through Erica’s peephole.
- Fixed a bug which could cause you to not be able to obtain the slides if you used the power adapter before obtaining them.
- Added new cutscenes to the Interlude.
- The infamous photograph puzzle now registers when it gets correctly assembled and gives you the photograph plus the information paper as a document.
- Added several clues to the information document in the photograph puzzle.
- You can now access the completed photograph (if you have it) when inside the keypad puzzle.
- Fixed a puzzle icon appearing on the map when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes your character wouldn’t use the stethoscope when listening at doors.
- Fixed a rare instance of The Presence interfering with The First Dream’s starting cutscene.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes you could get stuck after obtaining the flare box.
- Fixed a bug which could cause the security panel buttons to disappear.
- Fixed several translation bugs.
- Fixed Ariadne glowing in the dark when you approached her with your flashlight off (reminded us of this scene).
- Fixed the music box reappearing once you return from There.
- Fixed several interaction bugs with puzzles in Husher and Berenice’s nightmares.
- Fixed a bug that caused resolution to not stick properly.
- Fixed some VR devices from automatically launching upon Song of Horror being run (The Presence was trying to escape to other mediums!!!)
- Fixed a controller issue where using the controller stick to change between “Yes” and “No” options upon selecting Daniel or an Episode 5 character would cause your chosen personal and collectible items to also change.
- Removed some UI leftovers from the character selection screen.
- Fixed a setting in the “Ultra” effects configuration that would cause an undue performance impact.
- Added missing sound effects and fixed some existing ones.
- Fixed some bugs with the characters’ in-game voice lines.
- Fixed the arm grab icons sometimes staying after the event had been successfully completed.
We encourage you to participate in our lively community by sharing your thoughts and comments about the game on the Steam forums, or by leaving a review of Song of Horror!
Here are some of the most heartwarming comments you've left us in the last few weeks!
Console Player: "Thank you, devs, for this amazing game. This came at a time when I really needed something in my life to bring joy, to make me smile, to make me scared of turning the next corner. So once again, thank you devs.
P.S. Erica is best girl, no dispute."
mahorin a.v.: "Devs, nurses from Alchemilla hospital asked me to tell you that they are proud of you."
North_Station: "I love you for the game AND for this great implementation (E.T.A. Hoffmann)! I love the challenge, but it was always a bit frustrating for my stream and also for my viewers to have to see the spots over and over again after a certain time. I'm happy to finish the last episode <3"
_Keep on keeping on.
The Protocol & Raiser Games Teams.
There's no turning back. I have to push forward. I need to know...