The new Skirmish 2 and Main 2 galaxies are now OPEN and ready for you to play!
Start playing today and enjoy building your empire in a massive persistent galaxy.
Better yet – why not invite your friends to play alongside you?
The start of a new galaxy is a very exciting time to join – for both new and experienced players.
Choose a different civilization, try a new strategy – what are you waiting for?
Starting a New Game
- New players and existing players with a spare game slot can join a new galaxy from the game lobby immediately
- Existing players already using both Skirmish and Main game slots will need to free one up before they can join another galaxy
- You can use a spare slot to join either a new Skirmish or Main galaxy – we’ve made these slots cross-compatible for you so if you want to continue your Main 1 game but also start a new Main 2 game – you now can
Old Skirmish 1 and Main 1 Galaxies to Continue
The Skirmish 1 and Main 1 galaxies will run in parallel with the new Skirmish 2 and Main 2 galaxies (we’ll let you know well in advance if we plan to close them). But it will only be possible to start a new game in either Skirmish 2 or Main 2.
What’s New in the Game?
As well as the two new galaxies – we’ve also released a new patch to go with them.
The full patch notes can be found at the bottom of this post. But let’s take a quick look at a couple of the highlights.
New Government Building
New home planets start with a government building – upgrade yours early
- Each home planet starts with a Government Building (Central AI Node for Syntis)
- The government building boosts your colony’s credit income from tax
- For organic civs it also increases corruption immunity, for Syntis the max colonies they can support (Syntis can also increase this with the technologies they already have – for Syntis it means they will be able to reach 48 colonies in total instead of 37)
The boost to income from the government building means that you will have much more credits early game. Government buildings can – and should – be upgraded very early in the game. Doing so will further boost your income and make your empire’s expansion smoother.
Improved Galaxy Overview
We’ve had a lot of requests from players to be able to manage their empires from the galaxy overview. To avoid having to visit each planet one by one to check on status or adjust taxes.
Well, now you can! There’s a new ‘My Empire’ tab that’s been added to galaxy overview.
We have a few more tweaks in mind to make galaxy overview more useful – but what do you think? Once you’ve had a chance to try the new tab out, let us know on the forum what changes you think we should make next to it.
Please note: apart from the changes to galaxy overview and minefields – the changes in this patch have only been applied to the new galaxies.
Thanks everyone, take care of yourselves and we’ll be back with more news soon.
– The Outscape dev team