We’ve got another patch for you tonight with more control options, game improvements, and plenty of bug fixes. As always, keep the feedback and reports coming at our support form, and see the full patch notes below!
We’ve seen a number of reports about Steam achievements not unlocking correctly, so we wanted to address a few here. The No Link Cable Required achievement was unlockable but wasn’t unlocked at the correct time, which is fixed in this patch. The previous patch also corrected the number of rescuable NPCs, which is 12 (but previously showed as 14 in the Steam interface). The character-specific win achievements require you to that character and that character’s route; we’ll be updating the text of those achievements to make this more clear soon!
Also, while it seems like many of you liked the new control options that went into the last build, some of you found rapidly descending through multiple platforms, or pressing jump in the air to dodge disorienting, so we’ve added granular options to disable those behaviors. These options are not yet localized in every language, but we have sent them off to our localization partners to get that sorted. In the meantime, English, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese are now included.
Finally, we realize that these communications (the patch notes) themselves are only reaching a subset of you, so we are making new efforts to translate these posts as well. Unfortunately this is on rather significant delay because we do not have in-house localization, but we will make efforts in the future to get these posts translated as well. The previous patch notes (2.0.4) have been added in Chinese and Korean.
For our Russian players -- we heard you. We’ve replaced the Russian font that was in the game with one that should look familiar if you played Enter the Gungeon, and have done our best to make sure it looks good throughout the game. That said, I’m sure there are some places we missed, so please feel free to call out anywhere the new font doesn’t look its best, and we’ll keep making improvements incrementally.
2.0.5 Patch Notes
- Added control options for the two new movement abilities introduced in 2.0.4, which we’re calling Rapid Descent (holding Down while falling lets you pass through one-way platforms) and Easy Air Dodge (pressing Jump while in air does an air dodge roll)
- Fixed an issue where Rapid Descent let you pass through the bottom platforms of the Hunter’s third elevator
- Fixed an issue where players could drop down through the floor of some elevators (trains)
- Fixed a case where an air dodge roll may move in a different direction than the player would expect
Gameplay Changes / Improvements
- Added stricter spacing rules for the climbing elevator, which should prevent requiring very long jumps
- Phase Spiders that spawn in rooms should now always be placed near the ceiling
- Homing weapons now work better with the final boss
- Новый русский шрифт! (New Russian font!)
- Fixed an issue which could cause sound to cut out mid-run
- Fixed a softlock resulting in a black screen upon exiting a shop
- Fixed a room softlock caused by Phase Spiders spawning too close to the ceiling
- Fixed an issue where exiting the game at certain times could result in purchased items being lost but spent meta currency not being refunded
- Fixed an issue which caused the reward platform not to show up on the Pilot’s fourth floor (no more dropping hegemony credits!)
- Fixed several issues with the Shield weapon (prevent spamming with multi-shot items, can't block projectiles while hand is empty, shield is no longer destroyed when it hits certain projectiles)
- Fixed a bug which could cause flying players using a controller to roll much further than intended towards enemies
- Fixed a pathfinding issue which could cause the Dog to seek out corners
- Fixed an issue where the No Link Cable Needed achievement didn't unlock at the correct time
- Fixed some display issues with Russian text
- Fixed an issue where some amulets didn’t give bonus blanks on level change
- Fixed an issue where explosions in Winchester’s game could damage queued player ammo