Hope you all are keeping well during these difficult times.
It's heart-warming to see the number of people doing wonderful things to help us through this difficult time and I've been thinking about how to help as well. I want to offer Playne to any 'Key Worker' supporting our communities in the front lines. If you are a key worker, and want to start meditating using Playne, just drop me an email (from your work email address) to email@example.com.
Work here at Playne is carrying on as normal (since it's just me working from home :)
Playne has come a long way over the year with over 10 updates, many of them significant. I'm excited to announce that this release will be the final significant update before Playne comes out of Early Access. To mark the occasion, I wanted to save the best for the last: A whole new game mode where you can create your own Playne!
CREATE YOUR OWN PLAYNE — New First Person Game Mode
- Explore Playne: Experience Playne in first-person mode.
- Collect Seeds: Earn a range of seeds my meditating.
- Plant Seeds: Choose where your trees will grow.
- Grow Trees and Flora: Mediation daily to grow your flora.
- New Quotes: Added double the amount of quotes to keep it fresh.
- Note: Translations might break for this since quotes have been migrated to a better optimised system. I’ll try and link them up for a later update.
IMPROVED EVOLVE MODE
- Better Seed System: You no longer need to meditate to ‘empower’ the seeds
- New Radial Menu System: You can now access all menus in Evolve mode.
- _Optimisation: _The tree / shrub propagation system has been optimised. (better gpu utilisation)
- _Dialogue Bug fix: _Fox's dialogue window no longer removes HUD from game.
- Skip Guide Audio: You can skip audio via the pause menu _Burn Pages: _You can now burn your pages by clicking the campfire _Duration Clears: _The text indication duration of audio guide no longer sticks in the background after the guide is finished.
- _Overgrowth: _Endgame growth of trees still keep growing, but slower so nav is visible* _Better intro Story: _The fox introduction has been redrafted.
- Achievements Fixed: All your achievements (past/present) should now unlock correctly.
- _Settings Menu Overlap Fix: _Settings no longer get stuck behind the pause menu.* Various minor bug fixes and optimisations as well.
As always, let me know if you find any bugs, if you have any suggestions, or you just wanna share how Playne is having a positive impact on your life :D
Steam Discussions: https://steamcommunity.com/app/865540/discussions/
I hope that this update will give you all a reason to get back to your Playne and meditate :)
Take care of yourselves. Keep an eye on your neighbours, especially those who are older and vulnerable and help where you can. We are all in this together.