We are very excited to continue work on Kingdom Wars 2, with several major updates incoming.
We don`t plan to stop until we get the game into a perfect shape. Hopefully that will also bring some new players and help improve the game reviews – and then who knows – perhaps the Undead Expansion could happen after all…
The main goal of the first 2 upcoming updates will be balancing, performance and graphics. We also plan to rework how the game is played – with more focus on singlepayer, that will include redesign of the main menu.
We also plan to start promoting KW2DE from next week, and hoping to attract some new players later this February and March. So if you are one of the older players and been waiting for some fresh blood - stay tuned.
We`ll continue with the 8th update later this month, with focus on greatly increasing performance in Survival and Skirmish.
And as always thanks for your support - with your help KW2DE will have a future.
And so introducing Update # 7:
Major Additions & Improvements
- Completely reworked in-game camera
- Much better visual performance, on average 10-15 FPS
- Stability improvements with several rare crashes fixed
- Major improvements to main menu backgrounds
- Full Ground view camera is now only available in cinematic view
- More flexible minumal and medium camera settings
- Complete rebalance of the Gem system - it`s much easier to progress now
Fixes and Balancing
- Rotating minimap is now on by default
- Fixed healing ability for heroes and units
- Fixed various misc abilities for heroes not working
- Reduced lag during ranged combat
- Reduced lag when Marauders fire arrows
- Redesigned main menu background camera
- Fixed bad bug with skirmish rewards always giving 1 or 2 gems
- Reward for Skirmish greatly increased with 20,40, 60 for beating easy, medium, hard AI
- Reward for Zombie survival greatly increased with around 20 every 3 waves (that was in the previous commit)
- Starting Gems raised to 250 from 150