Today we’re releasing the first new map for Agtnan: Monster Shutdown Sequence. Called Pyramid Patterns, it’s a compact arena with roving pyramids, harmless dust devils, warp pipes and, of course, the ever-ravenous Night Terrors.
We’ve also improved the mouse-look controls, fixed some bugs in the options menu, and re-made the level select menu to be more user-friendly and intuitive.
Our next major update (exact release window TBD, but hopefully by summer) will be focused on new player customization and skills, including new bomb types and game-changing abilities.
Agtnan v1.03 (Pyramid Patterns Patch)
- MAJOR UPDATE: A new arena: Pyramid Patterns, a desert-themed arena with two small pyramid-shaped monoliths and a pair of warp pipes. The doors on the pyramids are locked in place for most of the match, but the pyramids themselves are not, and will move around the arena. The dust devils circling the arena are mostly harmless... usually.
- ADD: Inserted a toggle to opt in or out of analytics tracking. Upon starting the game for the fist time post-patch, you will be asked to choose if you want to opt in to share your game analytics with us (to improve performance and find and fix errors). If you ever change your mind in the future, you can toggle this setting in the options menu at any time.
- FIX: Re-wrote the camera/mouse look scripts to remove the jittering/stuttering that sprung up after the last fix.
- FIX: Options that weren’t always saving accurately in the options menu (namely, the hints and control display toggles) have been fixed to save first time, every time.
- FIX: Rewrote the bomb spawner timers so they consistently start in sync with one another.
- CHANGED: Cleaned up the movement scripts for better responsiveness and less input lag.
- CHANGED: On the stat panel, the deaths counter has been merged into one line with wins and matches, replaced with a win rate tracker.
- CHANGED: The level select menu has been replaced with an updated version, showing a preview picture and short description of the arenas before you choose one.