We're releasing a new stability patch for DemonCrawl today! Thank you to everyone for your continued bug reports.
We were planning to deploy this patch a few days ago, but fate had other ideas; our development PC kicked the proverbial bucket during a routine OS update on Tuesday. So, we've had our hands full restoring DemonCrawl's source code from backups and getting our development environment up and running again.
We are still catching up on emails and forum posts, so if you contacted us recently and haven't heard back yet, we hope you'll bear with us. <3
The good news is that this situation gave us an opportunity to update our development runtimes, which might mean better in-game performance.
Oh, we also added a new avatar in cooperation with Retromation:
Visit Retromation's channel here: https://www.twitch.tv/retromation
Full patch notes below.
- New Twitch avatar: Retromation!
- DemonCrawl is now compiled using the latest version of Visual Studio and GameMaker runtime, which may improve performance
- Fixed level-based legendary items failing to unlock under specific circumstances
- Fixed an issue with receiving Daily Missions in locked slots
- Fixed "A Legend in the Making" achievement not working with new types of Scribes
- Mastery achievements will now sync to the cloud on startup (in addition to regular achievements)
- Fixed Wishpool value not saving to disk on use
- Fixed Gearcheck ground items not saving to disk
- Fixed visual bug between Magnifying Glass numbers and heart animation
- Fixed visual bug between item indicators and heart animation
- Fixed visual bug on "next page" button in the Beyond screen
- Speculative fix for inbox crash on startup, possibly due to network settings
- Speculative fix for very rare crash related to opening the help menu
- Android only: pressing the back button on your phone can now open the stage quit menu
Note: Due to the runtime update, we have to rewrite some code related to in-app purchases on Android. This process may take a few days, so v1.38 probably won't be available on the Playstore until early next week.