our next update for Colonies is live now. This time the user-interface has been further improved: New vector icons for all kind of tasks, such as creating units or buildings, should provide the player a much clearer view.
As Unity‘s prelaunch-window has been deprecated, it was necessary to implement an in-game settings menu, where you can set your resolution and graphics.
Above all, some important fixes has been done for the NPC, more information in the changelog below:
- Added a settings menu for graphics
- New and better icons for units, buildings and tasks
- NPC Attack behaviour has been patched: The NPC will continue with base attacks, an error stopped the NPC attacking the player‘s base, after its first or second attack
- NPC should now place Cannon Towers at better/more senseful positions
- Changed the resource name „Nickel“ and „Nickel Ores“ to „Copper“ and „Copper Ores“
- MG-Towers should make a sound again when shooting
- Fixed a bug of Laser-Spiders not rotating their gun tower
- Fixed movement/rotation behaviour of some units
- Fixed selection panel of medium and heavy mechs: No more white icons
- Some enemy units move now with a higher speed
- Cannon Towers make some less damage, as they seemed overpowered
- Fixed a bug, where the help panel didnt show up on ice planet map
- Fixed the minimap position on ice planet map
- Changed minimap‘s screeen cursor color from blue to green for a better view
- Fixed Win/Lose announcements
The next update is scheduled for end of February, until then, I hope you are having a good time!