Feb. 12, 2020 Build v1.1.12515
Would you be our Valentine’s? Yes / No
We’re back with another update for you! This time around we focused mostly on adding a new role, plus updating some of the existing ones as a first step to make them more effective towards the overall goal of creating mayhem and paranoia.
Alongside these changes, we also bring you the regular monthly items and a special treat for those of you who have been with us since we launched, in the form of a couple of ‘One Year Anniversary’ Items, ready to be claimed. To find them, simply go to the Announcements UI on the main menu, check the Anniversary announcement and collect them.
As usual, a big Thank You goes out to our community for being amazing and continuing to support us.
We hope you enjoy the update, see you out there!
- New Role! The Mad Scientist: If I could choose, I'd resurrect you ❤️. The Scientist is able to bring a player back from the dead, provided he/she has their heart. Simply put the heart into the ‘cloning’ machine in the truth serum lab and watch the aborrent process take place. Just be careful… sometimes, death is better. (This role is available to both survivors and traitors, with a maximum of one Scientist per game.)
- Medic ability revamp: The targeted heal has been replaced with an area of effect pulse that will revive anyone in the vicinity of the Medic when used. Be warned, however, that for each player revived you will suffer a permanent max health penalty. (Stitcher role also shares these changes, and has been renamed to Medic for clarity.)
- Survivor version of Hacker role: Rather than using traitor credits to open a bunker alone, they require electronic scrap.
- Soldier role overhaul: The Soldier no longer has an ability that will reveal the armory location upon charge-up. Instead, they will now see the location of the armory on the cabin map after the first objective has been repaired, and will be required to operate a new console at the armory in order to open it. Be warned, however, as traitors can both see the armory location and operate this console as well.
- Ability charging revamp for all base game roles: Abilities will now be fully charged and available to use at the beginning of a game. After use, they will now recharge passively over time and no longer require actions to be performed to gain charge.
- Various optimizations to improve performance on lower-end machines
NEW STEAM ITEMS:
We are swapping out the current Steam Store items and replacing them with this set:
- Probability for Innocent role has been decreased
- The medic role can now appear a maximum of two times in a match instead of three. This can be either as two survivor medics, or a survivor medic and a traitor medic.
- Increased health of animals for the combat wave objective
- Fixed defector role ability icon appearing if playing as a role with no ability while another player disconnects while still alive
- Fixed issue with player roles distribution, where players who joined a lobby first would be more likely to receive certain roles
- Fixed criteria for player kill tracking: now takes time into account, so damage dealt will only be considered for several minutes before a player has died
- Fixed “survivors escaped” game over message appearing when game ends on a sabotaged escape pod
- Fixed traitor who sabotaged an escape pod not always receiving credit for the kill
- Fixed bear kills being tallied twice at the end of a match (for stats tracking)
- Fixed several issues with player deaths tracking for stats screen
- Fixed issue where dead animals could appear standing for other players
- Fixed tooltip on escape tasks UI getting stuck and following mouse if game loses focus while it’s visible
- Fixed class icons not being visible on timeline death events
- Fixed issue where DLC trials sometimes not resetting correctly
- Fixed issue with social rating degradation not being timed properly
- Fixed various spots where players could get stuck on terrain
- Fixed various clipping issues in the environment
- Fixed various cosmetic item clipping issues
- Fixed animal pathing around several objects (escape pod, helipads)
- Fixed “be the first to board an escape that leaves with multiple survivors on-board” not correctly checking for multiple players
- Fixed survivor airdrop not counting towards the “open crates” bonus objective
- Fixed roles clipboard menu not being scrollable with a controller
- Fixed text positioning on roles clipboard menu
- Fixed text extending beyond the bounds of center frame of the game guide for certain languages
- Fixed visibility of controls to the right of inventory slots for ghosts (drop button will no longer be visible)
- Fixed case where voice chat names for ghosts could be switched when a living player swaps clothes with the corpse of the ghost’s original player
- Fixed timeline and escape tasks status text not matching for radio station object
- Fixed positioning of tooltip for role ability meter
- Fixed certain cases where credits button could become disabled on main menu
- Fixed emotes menu not closing when taking damage
- [Blackout] Fireplace light will be fully extinguished when the mega blizzard starts
- [Blackout] Fix cooldown timer text for alien artifact consoles, and automatically refresh options when cooldown timer finishes
As always, if there are any issues or if you want to connect with other survivors (and traitors alike), hop on over to our discord: discord.gg/projectwinter.