Apologies for being a few days late with this update. I was getting hung up on some critical things that needed to be addressed. But enough about that, lets get into the update!
### Modding Support
The main feature of the update is the introduction of modding support. You can now mod in custom objects, green styles, flag styles, music, and ambient sounds!
You can check out the Official Modding Steam Guide for a tutorial on how to mod MiniGolf Maker.
### New Main Menu and Lobby Features
The main menu and game lobby have been given an all-new Workshop browser menu, which you can use to browse and play Workshop courses without having to use the Steam Overlay! Courses (and their mods) will automatically be downloaded when you choose to play a course from the in-game Workshop browser.
### New Course Creator Features
The Course Creator has also received several new features:
New Object List
The object list as recieved a major overhaul. Objects have been re-categorized and there are now additional filters that allow you to filter by Themes and Tags as well as the existing custom search.
New Green Pieces
The existing library of pre-made green pieces has been expanded, including a brand new type of green piece that has a hole in it!
Other Course Creator Features
- Objects can now be moved to different holes.
- Holes can now be reordered by dragging and dropping holes in the Hole Management window. The Behavior Editor has also been updated to use drag-and-drop to reorder behaviors.
- A new button has been added to the bottom toolbar to show the ball's path from the last test mode run.
### Next Update - The Arcade Update
I'm going to be taking it easy with next month's update so that I (hopefully) won't have to delay it. Since I have gotten requests for it, I am going to be adding a somewhat re-imagined version of MiniGolf Mania's Arcade course! This course will include the same original 9 holes, plus 9 more holes to make it a full 18-hole Arcade course with additional content far beyond what was in MiniGolf Mania.
Changelog - 2020.2.0
- Added Mod Manager to Course Creator for uploading mods to the Workshop.
- Added View Used Mods button to Publish Course window so that you can view the mods a course uses and upload them if needed.
- Added option to course publishing window to automatically upload hole previews to the Workshop.
- Added Workshop course browser to main menu and the lobby so you can browse and play workshop courses without using the Steam Overlay.
- Added ability to move objects to a different hole.
- Added ability to reorder holes via drag-and-drop.
- Ball path from the previous test mode run can now be viewed in the Course Creator to help with hole designing.
- Reworked object list categorization to allow for better categorization and more detailed filtering.
- Created a larger set of green pieces with pre-added walls that can be spawned in.
- Added new Green prefab with an adjustable hole in the middle.
- The selected sequence name is now shown on event list item headers.
- Added "Move With Object" option to Move To Position and Path behaviors so that positions will move when the object moves.
- Updated Behavior Editor to use drag-and-drop Behavior ordering.
- Objects that don't have collisions (such as bushes) now have a white dot as a selectable element in the Course Creator so that they are easily identifiable as not having collisions.
- Added progress bars to many loading screens.
- Updated Dreamscape assets to look much nicer.
Bug Fixes & Behind-The-Scenes Improvements
- Fixed Steam avatars sometimes not loading correctly in the game lobby.
- Fixed mouse aiming sensitivity being very high at low FPS.
- Fixed camera animations when returning to the lobby from a game.
- Fixed object list not correctly adding & removing Blueprint list items.
- Improved green and barrier generation optimization.
- Fixed course not being added to the Load Course dialog after saving.
- Fixed hole previews not being deleted when a hole is deleted.
- Fixed ball color selection not working after returning to the lobby.
- Fixed Gridify not working if Position Snap is turned off.
- Fixed course name not showing on the Whole Course Select lobby menu if the course has no banner.
- Fixed banner selection from the Publish Course window not updating the banner in the Edit Banner window.
- Upgraded Unity version to 2018.2.21.
- Improved many parts of the code to better handle unexpected errors, especially for Steam integration.
- Reorganized and removed unnecessary assets to reduce build size.
- Improved memory usage by unloading all Course Creator content when loading a course, so that used memory doesn't accumulate as much over time.