Ondrej and Lukas worked hard on optimizing the game after we got tons of reports of poor performance. The game should run much better now, as they profiled many aspects of the game and focused on things that seemed to cause the biggest hits on FPS. Hope this update will make your game run much smoother. Please report anything that looks strange, or does not work... you know the usual. Lastly, we would like to thank you so much for baring with us and for all the reports you guys sent us, it helped us a ton!
Changes & Fixes
- Animations optimization & thorough animation culling
- Fixed physics performance peaks, caused by slight collision movement
- GUI and HUD performance optimization
- Wagon corridor optimization
- Added lower-tier loot to higher Tier 2 and Tier 3 cog drillships
- Increased time of cog respawn from 5s to 15s
- Mine names on the map are correct now
- Fixed an error where crystals in a mine-cart could not be mined
- Fixed crash that occurred when user run out of GPU memory
The Very First Steam Build
If you'd like to see what the game looked like approximately year and a half ago, we uploaded the build on Steam. All you have to do to play it is to switch branches from Main to the Snapshot V1.07. In case you don't know how to switch branches, check out the tutorial below. Last thing I should mention is that if you encounter any bugs (which you likely will), please don't report them.
- Get development news and sneak peeks on Twitter or Facebook
- Participate in contests and chat with us/other players on Discord
- Receive development updates through Email
- See highlights from the development, office and events on Instagram
- See upcoming features on Trello
- Watch new trailers and tutorials on YouTube
If you have any questions, ideas or feedback, feel free to let us know in the comments below. Take care!
~ Volcanoids Dev Squad