On February 19th it will have been a year since we launched Winkeltje into Early Access, and what a year it has been!
Together with all of you we added new features, new content and made a whole lot of changes, 1948 of them to to be exact. We have a few more for you today, so let's get right to it.
A much requested features has been Character Customization. Today we take a step into that direction by introducing a new character and letting you pick which character represents you as a shopkeeper. Once you load in a shop (new or old) you should get the option to select your character.
Price Increase to $12.99
The price increase to $12.99 will happen on the 10th of March, 2020
Winkeltje has seen 22 updates since launching into Early Access roughly one year ago. We feel that this new price reflects the content & updates that have been put in since. If you have questions regarding the price change, don't hesitate to ask us on the Steam forums or on Discord.
- Community Request: Character Select - New character option.
- Objectives - Added the Gardener 2 and Harvester 2 objectives to better spread out the farming unlocks.
- Main Menu - Added Winkeltje logo to the main menu.
- Main Menu - Main menu now has confetti in the background to celebrate the 1 year anniversary.
- Unlocks - Unlocking the kitchen garden now only gives 2 Potato Seeds instead of 4.
- Objectives - Re-adjusted the amount of harvests needed for the farming objectives to complete.
- Objectives - Lowered the amount of light decorations needed for the A Light in the Dark objective from 10 to 8.
- Objectives - Put back the silver rewards for the tutorial.
- Decorations - The prices for all decorations have been halved.
- Decorations - The prices for all wall type decorations have been reduced by about 20%.
- Decorations - The prices for all carpet type decorations have been brought in line with wall decorations and have been halved.
- Events - Earliest possible day for the War event has been delayed (1 -> 30)
- Events - Earliest possible day for the Fire event has been delayed (1 -> 15)
- Events - Earliest possible day for the Plague event has been delayed (1 -> 60)
- Events - Earliest possible day for the Tournament event has been delayed (1 -> 60)
- Events - Earliest possible day for the Iron Find event has been delayed (1 -> 30)
- Events - Earliest possible day for the Coal Find event has been delayed (1 -> 30)
Fixes & Changes
- Shop Builder - Player was able to remove the entrance using a double wall
- Structure - Cross/diagonal beams of Stucco and Brick walls with cross/diagonal beams were too thick causing them to clip through paintings.
- Structure - Stucco and Brick wide arch had a collider set to trigger mode instead of collision mode allowing players to pass through the wall.
- Objective - Tutorial on Item Placement didn't start at the right stage meaning explanation for Access Points wasn't shown.
- Optimization - Heavily optimized the CPU usage of the particle system.
- Optimization - Replaced button svg gradients with a better performing and less error prone solution.
- Particles - Removed Item Glow particles from items that are of Poor & Normal quality.
- Particles - Changed particle texture to a star instead of the default circle.
- Particles - Tweaked the item quality particle system to feel more lively while using fewer particles.
- Objectives - Objective progress now also shows a number for progress when this information is meaningful.
- Objectives - Objectives were not giving money on completion
- Main Menu - Winkeltje logo and disclaimer text should adjust position depending on UI scale.
- Other - Audio Listener in the PreGame scene would not be removed correctly.