We've got a huge patch here and we are nearing coming out of early access. Firstly, the 4th Depth will now generate at the bottom of the cave! This section contains lots of danger and lots of riches. Beware, lava makes falling a much more fatal mistake.
With this update any caves generated in a previous update will be removed and replaced with a new cave.
While not visible we have been working on our cave loading and generation a lot the past few months and we've moved to using LOD, so the cave will no longer need a large load time when you start the game or make a new cave. It will load as you explore, and just the area around you.
We're also introducing more animals!
We have the Duskling, a mischievous critter that flies around the cave, picking up treasures to fly away with.
The Pangomole, a slow critter that wanders around and digs. When scared it will take off quickly and destroy a wall, watch out for cave ins!
The Will o'Wisp, the last of the new critters that look like waymarkers from afar. They lead travelers astray down wrong paths, but if caught will provide a powerful light orb or rarely some equipment that generates light!
- LOD! The cave is changed to now load as you explore instead of generating the whole cave at the start. Cave generation should be much faster!
- 4th Depth! Venture further into the cave to the most dangerous areas. Amazing treasure awaits, but so do bigger dangers.
- New Animal!: Duskling, a mischievous creature they will carry treasures away.
- New Animal!: The Pangomole, a slow creature that digs large holes.
- New Animal!: Will o'wisp, an orb of light that leads adventurers astray
- The catalog will now have entries for when you find Animals and Lost Lands
- The Appraise bar will now visually look full when you hit max level
- The Miasma has weakened slightly. The damage over time will deal less damage
- The first depth of the cave has some new room formations
- Falling rocks will speed up if they are falling from an extra high height
- Fixed that some sounds were not effected by the volume slider
- Added in new sound effects
- Red dirt is now a little more stable
- It is now easier to see if something is checked or not in options
- Metal Boots will make Lesath even heavier and louder than before
- Light Boots will now make Lesath so light that the floor will not break from under her
- The tutorial cutscene has returned. Sorry Flicker