Before we get to the actual changes around fire. We have been working on redoing a lot of the old textures and making things nice to look at in general. We have updated the textures on all of the Trees as well as added Fog effects and some other subtle lighting changes to overall make the game feel prettier, as the hip children say they are more 'fire'.
Speaking of Fire. We have updated how fire interacts with items left on the ground. We added cows last update, when a cow burns does it turn to ash? No it turns into cooked meat. Items will now turn into appropriate things depending on what is being burned.
Fire could be a real nasty thing when you have a big wooden base and lightning strikes in the middle of it. Two things have changed to make this happen less often! Firstly Lightning will no longer start a fire if it is hitting a tile that is 'inside'. As well for your outside storage zones/ crops and forest burnings we have added a new item: the Sprinkler.
Firefighter Layla Demonstrates some fire safety with the sprinkler below.
How hot is the fire though?
Another Request we have gotten from our friends not in the USA is to allow for Celsius and Kelvin options for temperature viewing. You can now change your temperature display preference in the options menu.
New Status information for survivors.
We have added a new status menu for Survivors! You can see how many days they have lived, If they are sick, what they are currently doing and what they want to do next. This a non fire related update, my apologies.
Other fun news
This whole Full time Indie developer thing is a bit more expensive than I initially thought so I have set up a Patreon for any of you kind people who want to help see us grow. So eventually I can afford to hire an artist so everything truly does look fire.
As always thank you all for the support! Keep giving us the feedback/Ideas and we will keep building and adding to the game.
- Added: New Research Blob for fire prevention
- Added: New Building Sprinklers
- Added: Celsius and Kelvin options.
- Added: New stats page for Survivors to see current stats and job queue
- Added: Graphical help to see the range on ranged buildings (sprinklers/turrets)
- Added: Ability to click items in the item list to show where they are on the map
- Added: Background information on new survivors.
- Added: 1920x1000 Res
- Added: Fog
- Added: More names to name list.
- Changed: Items will now turn into other things besides ash.
- Changed: Lighting will now only strike outside. Rain drops won't fall inside
- Changed: Grass renamed to Tall Grass
- Changed: Bush/Tree/Tall Grass textures to be more fire
- Changed: Animals will now sometimes poop
- Changed: Human waste is now called organic waste as animals can make it too.
- Changed: When quarantined people will now stop their current task
- Changed: Quarantined people will move a bit faster to get to Quarantine.
- Changed: Colds are slightly less common
- Changed: The base lighting is slightly darker.
- Changed: Sickness display will be more clear when survivors are potentially lying.
- Changed: The numbers on the bonfires and furnaces should make more sense now.
- Changed: Automechs have been nerfed. They use more power, move slower and take longer to charge.
- Changed: You can now hold down backspace to backspace text
- Changed: Pause pane texture has been updated.
- Fixed: Graphical bug that made priority highlight hover stick
- Fixed: Focus menu on orders menu being confusing and not unfocusing on click
- Fixed: Bug that allowed Zims and Raider raids to start within your base.
- Fixed: Some clicks on the right menu would also click the background
- Fixed: Job texture sometimes overlapping on the heads of survivors while they are doing them
- Fixed: Long term lag when the game is open for a very long time
- Fixed: Rare crash when a survivor dies at the perfect moment.
- Fixed: Grown trees should now be properly autoharvested on reload
- Fixed: Tooltip for happiness now only shows whole numbers.
- Fixed: Fire animation will now stop when the game is paused.
- Fixed: Bug that made animal textures overlap when they are on the same tile.
- Fixed: Pickup jobs not working when autopickup is turned off