We're back with another big update to help you continue expanding your airports. As a change of pace, this update even brings the ability to accidentally (or intentionally) burn your airport down, too!
We're gearing up to transition to "full release" status very soon -- so if you're on the fence, this is a great time to dive in! And don't worry, we aren't finished yet! We have more in store for SimAirport and you can expect continued updates into the future. :)
Huge thank you to the community and all of the supporters who continue to make SimAirport's development possible, and who keep it fun for us. Especially those of you playing the Edge branch, reporting bugs & keeping us on our toes, and just generally being engaged and challenging us. We appreciate you all immensely, and we hope to see some of you on the stream this weekend! :)
Developer Live Stream
Patch Notes - The Big Stuff
A chef severely overcooked something, machine failure, a passenger throwing something hot into a trash can or you simply having some fun -- these are all possible ways to have a fire start in your airport!
If a fire breaks out any work will be dropped and all nearby passengers and staff try to run out (avoiding the fire if at all possible) and they won't go back until the fire is extinguished. No need to fear, however! The local fire department is quickly called and will come out to get your airport back up and running.
While on your land fire trucks may park on the public road but can also drive onto the apron side even using taxiways, however they will only park on roads so not to block the air traffic, having a good apron side road system that is connected to the public road system and some staff doors every so often will greatly improve your ability to fight fires!
As fires expand in size they can burn things down to bare concrete, and as the severity of the fire increases the fire department will call for additional trucks.
Fire begins small as simply heat and smoke, but can quickly increase in strength. We chose a moderate rate-of-spread that is rather realistic, based off of the 'fuel' available to it, but not too fast to overwhelm you. We have also added the ability to mod most of the key fire related elements, meaning the community can create mods to change the dynamics of fire-starting, the rate-of-spread, and more!
If you want to play with fire alone you can press either ctrl+4 or F4 and fire will be spawned at your cursor! Have fun burning down your airport! This is the first push towards random events, and if you'd like to have them happen in your save can toggle them in the options!
Gate Closure Setting
After completing Research, you can now set gates to close at a specific amount of time before departure. Once a gate is closed it will no longer take in any more passengers, even if the passenger is already in the Gate Desk queue -- the plane will depart. If you're the type of person who wants to run the tightest possible schedule then this may come in handy to get planes out on time, even if at the expense of a few hard feelings from your passengers (and Perfect Ops Bonuses!).
Large and XL Remote Gates
This update contains numerous fixes related to remote gates, as well as the two missing remote gate sizes: Large and Extra Large (XL)!
The bigger brothers of the 'S' remote gate work the same but can accommodate the larger aircraft & allow more concurrent buses to service the gate, providing an extra efficiency boost to your shuttle bus operations. Make sure to always have enough buses on standby!
Configurable Tooltip Delay
A highly requested feature, you may configure a delay for tooltips in the settings menu.
Outdoor Passenger Relaxation & Relief Areas
Previously passengers would never run outside in a secure area to do stuff, this is to prevent them running around the apron to go from one terminal over to another. This has now changed, from now on pax can go outside into the secure apron side if you lay down some Sidewalk for them, you can use several objects outside and even some mod objects to give your pax a nice outside relaxing area!
Misc. Gameplay Additions and Changes
- Update translations and added missing keys.
- Rebuild base game atlases to 4k and applied compression (lossless) to allow more mods to be used at once.
- Add ability for passengers to walk in outdoors secure areas that have sidewalks (i.e. pax will walk outside if it is secure & sidewalk; they'll not leave the sidewalk in outdoor secured areas).
- Improved search in flight schedule, you can now search for airline and flight number!
- Add on/off toggle for script mods (you can now disable script mods in Settings/ModSettings).
- Added auto-foundation on the current level for conveyor transition and stairs/escalators.
- Game now saves the immediate fuel on/off state.
- Adjusted PA speaker frustration to compensate for more calls; HD amps boosted as well.
- Added second taxiway planning color.
- Improve performance of flight schedule UI, shouldn't be a hit to FPS anymore.
Lots of Bug Fixes!
- Fix issue where the LRT may not spawn pax or only few pax and flights leave near empty.
- Fix order in which pax are spawned for flights, earlier departures are now spawned with a higher priority (previously was more or less random).
- Fix agents sometimes getting stuck on road ramps.
- Fix agents sometimes getting stuck on corners in low FPS cases.
- Fix ability to completely lock out traffic (if all traffic is blocked for some time workmen will spawn without a bus, car or LRT and supplies spawn at the delivery zone).
- Fix aircraft gates cannot be placed on roads even if a road can be placed at the same spot if the aircraft gate was placed first.
- Fix issues appearing with auto-foundation and modded Placeable Objects.
- Fix airplanes getting stuck in some cases while maintenance is active on a runway.
- Fix airplanes not using an available runway while one is under maintenance.
- Fix repair projects not considered finished even though all tasks where done.
- Fix workmen not unloading the supply truck if the truck is partially stopped on a road ramp.
- Fix road ramps sometimes pulling in agents until they're stuck forever.
- Fix baggage depot showing too many gates as possible candidates.
- Fix placement validation if a second level is only partially used on an object.
- Fix runway lights showing up as not build even when they are.
- Fix agent colorization bug, agents are now way better saturated.
- Fix stairs could be placed up and no foundation would be built if there was any material laid down (i.e. sidewalk).
- Fix ticketing desks not operating when there's a connected segment but the desk isn't yet connected to a hub (will fall back to golf carts).
- Fix remote bag scanners working while staff is on its way to the monitoring station but not yet looking at their monitor.
- Fix grant/objective for airline satisfaction would take all airlines into account (should only calc for the ones that you are working with).
- Fix escalator not used/valid when surrounded by security zone.
- Fix loading/deserialize issue on some older legacy save game files.
- Fix cash registers with one shared queue accepting only 1 passenger for the combined lot.
- Fix baggage tutorial not correctly passing step 1.
- Fix cafe objects capacity being shared over all objects of the same type.
- Fix PA tutorial stating PA must be assigned to gates though it's now outdated.
- Fix build menu not sorted when playing on any other language then English.
- Fix apron buses sometimes waiting too long instead of driving off.
- Fix road nodes not rendering when too many are placed on one floor.
- Fix meetings getting cancelled due to late zone validation.
- Fix crosswalks penalization, crosswalks are now favored over roads.
- Fix planes sometimes ending up with negative pax spawned which lead the game to think it'd have to spawn more pax than needed.
- Fix planes may show 100% boarded with some pax not boarded.
- Fix conference rooms claimed with too few seats.
- Fix cash register not showing up as required in cafes.
- Fix airline interest using all airlines, now only shows airlines you serve.
- Fix pax satisfaction including slight discomfort, now ignores slight discomforts in overall calculation (should increase rating on all airports slightly).
- Fix runway light upgrade can be placed while another light upgrade is already queued.
- Fix clothes display C was not working as product display.
- Fix buses and LRTs may get stuck on really old saves.
- Fix second bus for remote gates sometimes failing to come out and run the task.
- Fix missing jewelry display C.
- Fix edge scroll options On/Off were reversed.
- Fix switching language may leave some objects on the old translation.
- Fix current stock jumping to the next line when hovering over an object button in the build menu.
- Fix endpoints of some objects (e.g. conveyor transition) could not be placed on belts in some cases.
- Fix rare autosave and land expansion failure when the save folder doesn't exist
- Fix fuel tanks sometimes not move/sell fuel when dismantled.
- Fix pax would get stuck in walls in some cases when trying to get unstuck from a wall.
- Fix underground roads can not be placed under placeable objects.
- Fix lights on some gates have wrong position/size.
- Fix information and environment emitter position issue on right facing objects.
- Fix bags not deserializing correctly removing them on save load.
- Fix zones outdoors loosing their text when switching to a higher level.
- Fix aircraft may get stuck on a remote gate when a bus aborted its deplane task.
- Fix maintenance sometimes stuck when partial repairs did not complete.
- Fix remote bus pickup sometimes failing to detect doors due to floating point issues.
- Fix remote bag scanners showing no staff when scheduled but not currently present.
- Fix office zone and store zone could be used with no objects present.
- Fix inconsistency when dismantling an upgraded object; upgrades will now dismantle too.
- Fix conference room may not display an error when in insecure area but reachable by a reception zone.
- Fix pax may get stuck when their fix position task ends up in a position that is not useable for a passenger.
- Fix agents may get stuck if they stole an item inside the secure area and then left the secure area, *stealing is actually just a side-effect.
Modding related changes
- Modding: Added new setting values: Checkbox, Dropdown, Label.
- Modding: Added stepping and value format for the slider setting.
- Modding: Added sort order for settings.
- Modding: Fix creating an airline may overwrite an existing airline if the same random ID was rolled.
- Modding: Fix security zones not working with modded Placeable Objects.
- Modding: Fix transfer flow animation on baggage depot not using the baggage cars level.
- Modding: Fix baggage cars driving into modded baggage depots.
- Modding: Added scale and position to digital ad board so custom ad boards can be made, custom ads coming soon.
- Modding: Fix OnRoads not working for underground roads.
- Modding: Fix slider setting defaulting to show 1 instead of the actual value.
- Modding: Implemented new SpritePacker, from now on the new sprite packer is used which can generate more than one atlas!
- Modding: Fix missing reference for aircraft modding.
- Modding: Fix modded hangars not working on -1 or -2.
- Modding: Fix underground roads not checking for OnRoads property.
- Modding: Fixed hangar menu to take up to 20 vehicle slots.
- Modding: Added ability to save data using OnAirportSaving and OnAirportLoaded, be wise what you save as it is saved in the save and saves may get pretty big!
- Modding: Fix construction materials not correctly saving and missing on load.
- Modding: Fix construction materials not correctly rendering.
- Modding: Fix VDF file failing to load paths on linux that contain windows directory separators.
- Modding: Fix issue where the game state is cached and appears to always be on the loading screen.
- Modding: Fix ATC Tower component not working with modded ATC Towers.
- Modding: Fix staff limit not affecting how many staff one can schedule on an object.