What In The World Have You Created?
For the longest time we've wanted to give players access to the wide range of values that can be we have available to create the wide range of worlds already available in the game. From something as simple as deciding between the Creative or Survival game mode, to custom terrain generation parameters, atmospheres, presence of lava or abandoned structures or even the color of the planets surface! These are specified using some preset world templates which are moddable and can be created and applied to all categories. You will find examples of these in the StreamingAssets/CustomPreset subfolder of your Stationeers install. Maybe you were thinking Europa would look good pink, with some abandoned buildings scattered across its landscape. You can do this and so much more with this impressive addition to Stationeers!
Respawn and Difficulty Settings.
Revising how respawning works has been on our radar for a while now, as unlike most survival games there is little penalty when you die in Stationeers - in fact by giving you a full new set of equipment it is often rewarding! To address this, we have added two new difficulty settings.
The difficulties included are as follows.
The current respawn functionality. Respawn with a full new standard suit and set of tools, tablet and cartridges.
Respawn with a set of 'Emergency' gear. You cannot remove items from this gear and it will deteriorate if not being worn/carried, but it should help you find your old gear or manufacture a new set.
Respawn with no gear. You'll need to make sure you've set up a breathable room to respawn in with some replacement gear or the tools to craft some.
The difficulty setting can be found on the custom world screen and in the gameplay tab of the settings menu. Don’t forget this is moddable! So get experimenting and try some of your own combinations and put them up on the workshop for others to try.
At long last we see some functionality added to the Cryotube! This not only allows you to prepare a clone (set your spawn point) but can also speed up your passive healing up to 75% health. You will also be required to power it and provide a breathable, pressurized atmosphere to reap the benefits of healing and spawning. You will find the recipe for this in the Autolathe MK2.
Helping You Get Started - Tutorial Improvements
Introducing new players to our game has been one of our biggest challenges. With such complex gameplay, we figured it was time to take a fresh look at how we guide players through their first Stationeers experience. These have been carefully crafted by our newest member of our team, Kiwibois, guided by the community feedback. You will find the list of the first 3 of our series of new tutorials on the main menu and through the tutorial button. We hope you enjoy them and appreciate any feedback you have!
In order to address some issues with the size of saves and their history of backups, we're trying out a change to how they are organized. Your autosaves are now completely separate to your manually saved game. All of your worlds will now share two autosave slots, which will appear at the top of your saved games list when you go to load. It is important to remember to save your game to the file you want it saved to before you leave, otherwise you risk losing progress. Autosaves for dedicated servers remain unchanged.
- Added the EmergencyToolBelt to the emergency respawn kit.
- Added Custom World Creation panel, this can be used to create a new world with your own parameters.
- Added button to New World panel which leads to the new Custom World Creation panel.
- Added presets to the Custom World Creation, these are moddable you can see examples of these in the folder CustomPresets.
- Added new functionality to the tutorial button on the main menu, this now opens a window to select from tutorials.
- Added three new tutorials to the tutorial window, these include UI Basics, Basic Structure Building and Basic Power Generation.
- Added functionality for the Cryotube, the Cryotube will passively heal you when inside of it and will set your spawn point upon entering it.
- Added recipe for Cryotube to the Autolathe.
- Added the ability to use negative amplitude for the the 2D plane, to allow indentations to terrain (Inverse of Mountains).
- Added new Emergency equipment, this includes a space suit, space helmet and various tools to act as temporary gear replacement on respawn.
- Added difficulty as a game setting, this can be found in the gameplay settings page.
- Added more broken structure variants to Loulan.
- Added new respawn conditions (similar to starting conditions) functionality, which can be modded.
- Added recipe for the ItemKitLogicTransmitter located within the ElectronicsPrinter.
- Added Localization support to the Stationpedia.
- Updated Autosave to be turned on as a default setting.
- Added functionality to Autosave so that it creates up to two new Autosave save slots, these will be overwritten by the most recent autosave.
- Removed unnecessary callback to repopulate planetary scenes causing performance issues in the main menu.
- Removed lungs from BrokenFortressBase02 composition.
- Optimized the spawning of Structures on Loulan. Structures will now be deleted if players never visit them.
- Reduced the time it takes to load the scenarios from the main menu.
- Updated Localization files.
- Changed how fire reacts with the environment.
- Fixed Autosaves overwriting the incorrect save.
- Fixed atmospheric thread error cause by Sleeper.
- Fixed errors caused by machine recipe mismatch between client and server due to them having different mods loaded.
- Fixed compositions spawn per tile not working correctly.
- Fixed compositions spawning when a player has already entered a tile after loading.
- Fixed TileSystem not working with the initial loading of terrain on a new world.
- Fixed the ignition point of egg cartons. No longer will it combust at 0.85 Celsius.
- Fixed ElevatorCarrage working when ElevatorShaft is unpowered.
- Fixed pressure status being able to go out of bounds and cause issues.
- Fixed issues related to loading Incidents on the dedicated server.
- Fixed the IC on the Hard Suit not working, when filtration and A/C is off.
- Fixed StructureRocketEngineTiny causing errors when rotating before placement.
- Fixed being unable to place Things on the Motherships using the Authoring Tool.
- Fixed Incidents panel listing Incidents which include a type or have no name.
- Fixed Incidents not loading on Dedicated Servers.
- Fixed old clutter objects not being deleted when loading into another world.
- Fixed explosions causing terrain to stop generating.
- Fixed battery being visible on angle grinder.
- Fixed performance issue related to the LOD mesh.
- Fixed an occasional error that appeared due to a null in the SettingWheel class.
- Fixed issue with throw speed limits resulting from the recent change to throw power that prevented players from reaching max power on an item throw.
- Fixed an issue where a transform was being accessed from the main thread causing an error.
- Fixed a persisting issue which prevented you from respawning if your body had started to decay.
- Fixed UI indentation issue on the gameplay settings tab, where the difficulty setting was overlapping other buttons.
- Fixed the device index not serializing correctly on the ProgrammableChipMotherboard.
- Fixed sitting down in the cryotube animation issue.
- Fixed the Jetpack being turned on when you entered the cryotube.
- Fixed the ordering of the suit's internal buttons to make it more user friendly.
- Fixed issue when a Thing render is set while being destroyed an error would occur.
- Fixed effects applied to the screen in-game carrying over to the main menu, such as the BloodHit effect.
- Fixed scenario menus scroll bar not behaving correctly. It should now scroll as a normal scroller scrolls.
- Fixed the hardsuit helmet not producing the correct reagent mix when recycled.
- Fixed ItemKitLogicTransmitter not sitting correctly in Lockers or Crates.
- Fixed inconsistencies to do with the speed at which items could be thrown.
- Fixed differences in positions for the planet prefabs used to mod new world selection scenes. All planets should have a similar origin.
- Fixed StructureCompositeCladdingAngled bounding box covering Structures placed on the cladding.
- Fixed PlantStage and P2P password issue.
- Fixed out-of-bounds error related to frost overlay.
- Fixed the top of the ladder is now paintable.goodbyese
- Fixed StructureCompositeDoor light being powered when un-powered.
- Fixed ProgrammableChip in HardSuit and RobotMining. It wasn't running commands.
- Fixed the console scroll bar not resizing on the consoles filter button. [Credit: Risu]
- Fixed the elevator shaft not being paintable.
We always appreciate and try our best to apply any feedback given by you to make the game the best experience it can possibly be, so don’t forget to leave any feedback you may have! The best places to do this are on our [url=”discord.com/stationeers]Discord[\url] or on the Steam forum. Thank you again for your support as we continue developing toward our goal of release!
Ka kite anō au i a koutou,