It has been a while since an update has released for Dement, but we are still very hard at work behind the scenes. New areas are under construction, new characters are being written and voice acted, and interesting new gameplay is being developed. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy this new feature :)
- New Feature - Fight Club: In the forest of Quiet Mountain, disenfranchised Praesidium members gather. There, they study and fight monsters (and each other) in hand to hand combat. Purchase gas grenades and capture monsters for them. Defeat the captured monsters in the fighting ring to gain a copy of their research on that monster and some of the money from their betting pool! Capturing monsters yields a monetary reward as well, including duplicates. Capture multiple enemies at once with a single gas grenade to turn a profit!
- New Weapons - Grenades - flash, frag, and gas. Flashes and frags may be purchased from Sgt. Lewis and gas from the Praesidium apostates' fight club.
- QOL - Notes are now sorted into categories.
- QOL - When saving, a copy of the save file will be created before overwriting the old file in case of corruption issues. If the copying fails, the game won't save.
- Buffed Rapacers - they aren't so helpless anymore.
- Buffed Gravespawn (worm-looking enemies) detection range. Also added a component to despawn them if they get far enough away from the player. This should help curb scenes getting too swamped with Gravespawn.
- Buffed Praesidium gunners - added flashlights to guns - very bright when viewed from "down range."
- Fixed male sunken in Wolfvale and Quiet Mountain from having jazz feet when walking on terrain.
- Fixed the red ring around vision not appearing when loading a save where your health is low enough to show said ring.
- Fixed Gravespawn from being able to push you around when they're jumping at you.
- Tweaked enemy AI slightly.
We would like to thank everyone for playing, and for being patient. Thank you everyone for your reports, suggestions, and for being so supportive. It means the world, and we hope we can live up to your expectations and maybe even exceed them. We would also like to extend a special thanks to YouTuber/streamer Raider Reid for his contributions to the project, for providing his voice for this update, and for becoming and being a good friend.
If you want to discuss Dement, ask the devs questions, or just hang out, please feel encouraged to join our Discord server!