Today Denki and Curve Digital are set to launch their biggest update to date for their acclaimed coding and colonisation game, Autonauts. The free expansion, titled ‘The Industrial Revolution’, shifts the automation emphasis to mechanise the mining of coal and metal resources to build and fuel steam-powered worlds using potent new Mk 3 Bots. Players can now create advanced railroad networks with fully-functioning trains and add their own cheats, scripts and content to the game for the world to enjoy via Steam Workshop.
To see all the new content in this expansion, check out the fancy new trailer here:
Autonauts challenges players to colonise fertile alien worlds for the benefit of humanity with an array of robot helpers at their disposal. Utilising a visual programming language inspired by Scratch, players can playfully program their helpers to perform basic tasks like chopping down trees to more complicated duties like baking pies, fishing, powering-up other robots and lots more - all with the aim of satisfying colonists arriving from the homeworld.
New Modding Support
- Players can now upload and download custom scripts, upgrades, buildings and other content to the game via Steam Workshop.
New Train Networks
- For the first time players can build advanced rail networks and infrastructure to ferry goods and resources around their expanding colonies
- 20 different new structures and 4 new core vehicles including Train Engine and multiple freight options
New Colonist Evolution
- Expand the evolution of your colonists with the addition of two entirely new categories on the in-game ‘Pyramid to Transcendance’: Health and Education. Make use of leeches and flowers to dispense medicinal aid to sick colonists and ensure they continue generating Wuv, and raise their undernourished intellect with books.
New Tools & Upgrades
- Steam Hammer
- Jacquard Power Loom
- Super Backpack to store more items
- Memory Upgrade so bots can perform more advanced routines
- Printing Press
- Paper Mill
- Two-Storey Brick House and Mansion
Suitably Dickensian attire
- Shirt and Tie, Coat and Scarf, Blazer and Cravat
- Horse and Carriage