I'm super excited to give you all the details on the brand new v0.55 patch, the first of many content updates for the game in Early Access!
For this update I wanted to focus on a lot of fan requests, balancing, and major areas that needed attention. Here's some of the biggest additions to this patch:
New Steam Achievements
Eighteen new Steam Achievements have been added to the game! Most of these are retroactive, meaning as soon as you load the game and head into the Territory Select menu, they should all pop. Included with this initial set are some custom challenges that I wanted to make that are not retroactive as you must get a perfect day using new point values described in the achievement. Many of these are extremely tough, so good luck! You can expect new achievements with each new Territory patch update from now on.
Here's the full list: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1000030/achievements
Major Gameplay Balancing
One issue I've had with the game is the way Prep Stations are handled. Late in beta development I had the option to turn them off added as many players didn't like the challenge. But the notion of buying a Prep Station and then turning it off seemed wrong to me as well. There had to be a way to make Prep Stations more attractive to use, but I couldn't quite figure it out until Roni on the Steam Forums had an idea: using them as point-added modifiers.
That means that for every Prep Station you have turned on in the Upgrades section, you will have one less point required in that specific day! The more Prep Stations you have on, the less points you'll need, but the harder the game will get.
In case you think the game could get too easy, a reminder: all the content in the game is not even half of what's going to be available, and by using these modifiers I can really push the difficulty in the late game stages. 30 and 40 points, anyone? Muhahaha! I'm eager to hear your feedback in the forums or on our Discord!
As always, I cannot stress enough how important reviews can be for us, so if you enjoy the content please leave a small review if you can! Here is the full list of improvements:
**= PATCH v0.55d NOTES =
= NEW FEATURES =**
- You can now use Prep Stations as a way of decreasing points needed for a day! Every Prep Station upgrade is now worth one point for your menu. For example, if you have three extra Prep Stations upgraded and turned on, your point requirements for Today's Menu is decreased by 3.
- Eighteen achievements added to the game! More achievements will be added with every new territory update!
- You can now toggle Advanced Stats in the Food Catalog and Today's Menu! This will show you which foods have Auto-Serve capabilities and how many servings it has, which also counts serving upgrades.
- Cloud Saves can be used via the Cloud submenu in the Save Slot section. This is now officially implemented (it was in previous patches of the game)
- PS/HS can now be toggled in the new Setup menu of Today's Menu, instead of having to go to the Upgrade Menu.
- Infinite Patience is now on for Practice Mode.
- You can now sort by Purchased Rank.
- Aside from first starting up the game menu music no longer loops and instead shuffles through tracks once they end.
- The columns in the in-game Today's Menu are now colored orange for what's needed. They will turn white/gray when servings are no longer needed.
= IMPROVEMENTS AND BUG FIXES =
- :Bibimbap: reclassified as a level 5 food (from a level 4)
- :Hamburgers: reclassified as a level 4 food (from a level 3)
- VoidBurger recipe added to Hamburgers.
- You can now bind the left and right arrow keys to the Page Turn button in the Options>Keyboard menu.
- Points are now displayed under Begin Day to help with achievement goals.
- Foods no longer show up in the Practice Mode if they're on Today's Menu.
- You can now skip the Medal Awarded splash screen and the Level Up music stinger as well, which should also solve any audio-related issues with the game getting "stuck" on these parts.
- Food truck attacks no longer occur in Chill Mode.
- Fixed an issue that would show the wrong objective tooltip in Today's Menu.
- You can now see costs of future upgrades that are still locked in the Upgrades menu.
- Aroma Fan upgrade has been boosted, decreasing the Perfect Combo cap by 10 for each upgrade, down to 40 instead of 50.
- Cleaver was too happy when delivering the "We lost a holding station!" line, she now looks angrier.
- Lane lights now pulse during a stop, indicating they will change once the stop is over.
- Fixed some misspellings.
- Removed CSD 2 legacy code that caused a crash with certain food truck attacks in certain circumstances.
- Corrected a few pie recipes to better reflect real-life recipes (Key Lime Pie and Rhubarb Pie).
- Sisig and Sencillo Tacos ingredient flow changed to prevent hovering ingredients.
- Changed a few UI elements in practice mode
- Fixed a rare mouse issue in the main menu.