We're kicking off the week with a small but exciting DemonCrawl update!
As always, the full patch notes are available below.
Do you notice anything these two items have in common with our recent Welding Mask and Adventurer's Hat reworks? Answer: they are all headgear that were not originally classified as armor. That's because we designed these four items before DemonCrawl had an armor system! We're looking to fix that.
The reworked Bandana and Nightcap feature all-new mechanics:
- Bandana gives you a temporary alternative to spending coins, which can be extended through armor fortification effects such as Forge Hammer.
- Nightcap enables a new "pass turns" build, but must be paired with a synergistic effect like Jumprope.
Check out their Twitch channels below:
- Admiral Bahroo - https://www.twitch.tv/admiralbahroo
- Snakebird Priestess - https://www.twitch.tv/snakebird_priestess
We let each streamer decide how they would like to distribute their avatar promo code. Admiral Bahroo insisted that we make his avatar available to all, so it's our pleasure to share the code with you now:
X5NP7ZR3XC (Enter in the Token Shop.)
Remember to show support for your favorite DemonCrawl streamers by following and subscribing to their channels! Without them, DemonCrawl could not have reached nearly as many people. The Twitch community is what allows indie devs like us to continue doing what we love, and that's making original games on our own dime, not beholden to the motives of a giant corporation. We're really grateful for platforms like Twitch.
Onto the patch notes -
- New Admiral Bahroo Twitch avatar
- Nightcap rework: "[1 Armor] Fortify whenever you pass 1 or more turns."
- Thought Bubble is taking the place of the old Nightcap
- Bandana rework: "[2 Armor] Instead of spending coins, reduce the durability of this armor by 1."
- Thief Bag is taking the place of the old Bandana
- New Hero Trial effect: Skippable - "Whenever you pass 1 or more turns..."
- Improved the "pass turns" script to make it more flexible as an item mechanic
- Wager has been added to the Nomad's blacklist due to Divine Wager infinite
Quality of Life
- Pagan mod now creates help menu entries for each item lost
- Added term definition for "pacify"
- Added term definition for "heirloom"
- Fixed Divine Present not providing legendary item properly
- Fixed layering issue with pop-ups in the main menu
- Fixed Shade not saving its concealed cells to disk properly
- Fixed Scribes not working with the third heirloom slot
- Fixed softlock related to Divine Shadowbind and Soft Clay
- Fixed "Buy Now!" button showing up as visible when entering an Item Shop, even if you can't afford the leftmost item
- Speculative fix for rare crash related to restarting Hero Trial
- Speculative fix for crash related to "check_immutable" script