- Gameplay: Improved the taming/recruitment system for animals. There are now two types of animals:
- Pasture animals (like cows & sheep) are kept on a pasture and yield items (like milk & wool). You can tame them by building a pasture as before. Pasture animals will stay on an island when you leave.
- Domestic animals (like pigs) will act like colonists, i.e. carry things and perform simple jobs. To recruit a "wild domestic" animal, you select it and click on recruit. Domestic animals will come with you when you leave the island.
- Gameplay: High quality food and drinks can now saturate your colonists above 100%. That way, your colonists will have to pause less often. Modders: You can find this in ItemInfo→FoodValue.
- Gameplay: You can now upgrade existing buildings! Much more convenient than doing it manually. Currently it is available for the 3 houses, as well as Depot→HC-Depot. The building is unusable during the upgrade process. Will probably cause some new bugs, let me know if you encounter any. Modders: The upgraded building should have the same size (in tiles) as the base building, otherwise a variety of bugs can occur.
- Gameplay: Higher quality mountains and geodes now require tools to mine. Also applies to palm and cacao trees. Doing it by hand isn't going to cut it anymore. See what I did there? :) Maybe a bit counter-intuitively, you need high quality shovels to harvest mine or harvest trees, but not to till the soil.
- Gameplay: Higher tier buildings require higher tier hammers to construct (but not deconstruct). As a general rule, the current mid-tier things like zeppelins require wooden tools, most things involving automation require iron tools.
- Content: Added the "No Water" terrain shape option.
- Content: Added the watch tower which is cheap to build and expands your vision range by a lot. Thanks to Screech for the model! :)
- UI: Added a filter function to the colonist management screen. Finally, you can more easily discriminate by gender or species. ;)
- UI: Buttons that are active now have a visible background and a highlighted frame, which makes them much easier to tell apart. And less green.
- UI: Text buttons you can click now get underlined when you hover over them.
- UI: The required tool levels have been added to the mining panel and the building tooltip.
- UI: Added a warning flag to buildings that cannot be built because no colonist has the appropriate hammer.
- UI: Added a warning flag to farms & groves that cannot be harvested because no colonist has the appropriate shovel.
- UI: You can now set the zoom mode to be instant in the settings (as opposed to the default smooth transition).
- UI: Default hotkeys for actions are now shown in the tooltips. Note that these only show the default hotkeys - if you rebind them, they are not updated. This is a (really dumb) restriction of the Unity input manager.
- UI: Added new hotkeys for a number of actions.
- Misc: Depot exits and entries no longer require ingredients and are now built instantly. Modders: You can get this behaviour via BuildingRecipeInfo→InstaBuild. This is only supported when the building requires no ingredients.
- Misc: The HC depot can now only be built by upgrading an existing depot. Modders: To get this behaviour, use BaseInfo→CannotBuildDirectly.
- Misc: You can now build stuff on desert oasis tiles.
- Visual: Depot cranes now rotate items into the proper orientation while moving. Which looks nice. :)
- Visual: Reduced the objects' smoothness/glossiness.
- Modding: You can now mod how the fences of stockpiles, farms, groves and pastures look. Have a look at ObjectType/fences/....
- Modding: The info.xsd files of the example mods should now be automatically updated with the latest version in each build.
- Modding: The default cargo loadout is no longer hard-coded. Instead, you can set how many items you start off with in ItemInfo→DefaultCargo.
- Fixed: Colonists importing things into the corner of the map.
- Fixed: Autofarms/groves not animated correctly. I'm disabling the batching from a few patches ago as it causes many unexpected issues.
- Fixed: Fences not getting correctly removed when resizing/deleting a zone after previous patch.
- Fixed: (Probably) fixed a bug causing adjacent zones to get expanded
- Fixed: Mountains not properly animated when mined.
- Fixed: UI being too large on ultra wide resolutions when UI scale is set to >=100%.
- Fixed: Resuming a game should no longer trigger the job-auto-assignment.
- Fixed: Items in transit via the logistics system should no longer get stockpiled.
- Fixed: Forbid consumption and similar buttons not showing when selected.
- Fixed: Colonist management screen not working correctly on world map after filter addition.
- Fixed: Train wagons seemingly not moving after loading after one of the previous patches.
- Fixed: Changed the default hotkey for the road layer to H. (R conflicted with rotate)
- Fixed: Depots not picking up from entries after one of the previous patches.
- Fixed: Visual glitch preventing depot cranes from visually moving under certain circumstances. Modders: If you made custom depots/stations, please add BaseInfo→<AllowBatching>0</AllowBatching> to depots, cranes, hooks and alike.
- Fixed: Veins being so big that you cannot build an inserter to unload a quarry.
- Fixed / Modding: Removed object types should no longer appear in the inventory targets.
- Fixed: Filter inserters no longer block items on belts that they don't want to have.