We’re pleased to announce we’ve released Update 20.2.4 which, alongside some performance optimisation, includes an updated match engine containing a number of tweaks, improvements and changes.
As always, this update is save game compatible and the next time you log onto Steam it’ll automatically update. You can see the version number of Football Manager in the bottom left-hand corner of the main menu. If for whatever reason you find the game hasn’t updated, we’d recommend restarting Steam.
- Performance and optimisation improvements
Various Match Engine (version 2039) changes including (but not limited to):
- Improved one-on-one finishing
- Recalculations regarding clear-cut chances
- Tweaks to penalty kick conversion rates
- Lowered frequency of players overrunning ball and losing possession
- Improved realism of player recoveries from slide tackles
- Improved crossing variation and instruction behaviour
- Improved defensive tracking from long balls
- Improved heading accuracy
- Improvements/tweaks to referee behaviour
- Throw-in positional adjustments
- Various other balancing tweaks/improvements