For this update, in addition to a ton of quality of life improvements to game creation, we've also improved the console to help with debugging.
**Editor* ADDED**: Undo/Redo capabilities to the Editor (Handles updates to individual properties, transform manipulation, selection, and creation/deletion of new Entities)
- ADDED: "HealthChangeVolume" script, and several prebuilt examples including "Lava Damage Volume", "Smart Healing Volume", and "Explosion with Damage." Check the wiki for additional details.
- ADDED: SimpleHealthBarUI - An example of SmartFillImageUI that automatically updates the bar to the health value of any HealthController
- ADDED: "SimpleInputListener" script allows you to listen a keyboard or mouse input and fire events, without any coding! Check the wiki for additional details.
- ADDED: SmartFillImageUI - allows you to do progress bar style images, where it fills from one side to another
- ADDED: 'Code Prompting' (auto-complete) to the code editor
- ADDED: Gameplay console (use F1 key to toggle between full view overlay and single line overlay).
- ADDED: Console in Escape Menu for interacting with the console during UGC gameplay.
- IMPROVED Editor console now has single-line output with details panel for full view. Icons for info / warning / error.
- IMPROVED : Library search to be 100% fuzzier (it will guess what you're searching for)
- IMPROVED : First-person avatar was rebalanced -- it now has better control and uses the new health bar. The "Basic" template was also updated to use the updated avatar.
- IMPROVED : Auto-complete to be more reliable
- IMPROVED : Library Preview Images will now be properly lit
- IMPROVED : Updated a number of existing particle systems to properly reflect scale changes.
- IMPROVED : Overall performance in the Editor and UGC.
- FIXED: Lag when dragging a CapitanBlackClaw object in the hierarchy.
- FIXED: An issue with Smart Condition UI being unable to hide.
- FIXED: Issue where a saved Entity with a missing event call could not be dragged into the scene
- FIXED: Issues with certain text fields not accepting input within the Editor.
- FIXED: The transform gizmo not updating properly when moving a particle effect in the Editor.
- FIXED: Bug with Copy/Pasting Entities creating extra copies.
- We fixed an issue with scripts that were disabled still running their functions. Since games may have relied this improper functionality, we have upgraded existing scripts within games to be active that you may have intentionally turned off. This should not change behavior directly, but if you notice anything going wrong, let us know!
We changed the interface for pausing and unpausing the game. If you had custom scripts interacting with GameStateManager.SetPauseState, they will need to be updated with GameStateManager.RequestPause and GameStateManager.DismissPause. Without the upgrade your games may not play correctly, as your code will NOT compile.
Got a feature request or need to report a bug? Use the pause menu's Send Feedback button and include as much detail as possible.
Join the conversation on our official Discord: http://discord.theendlessmission.com