I got a little carried away with features this week.. so bear with me we have a ton of new things.
Cows and Butchering
Firstly we have added cows.
But what are cows? Just big hunks of meat? No! They are also a great source of leather.
So we have reworked how animal slaughtering works. When you kill an animal now you will get a animal corpse. You must then take that corpse to a new building, the butchers table. You have the choice in your crafting queue to turn certain animals into their respective products. All animals can be turned into meat, but you can get leather from cows and turtle shells from Turtles.
We have added some more defensive items! The only defensive item before was a turret, Turrets are expensive and require your survivors to feed them ammo. So we have added some lower level defenses. Barbed wire and a spike trap. They both are able to walked through (slowly) and will do damage to zims that walk through them. They are in their own research blob after metal building.
Another glaring hole in Rekindling, a zombie game, was the lack of machetes. Everyone knows you need machetes during the apocalypse. So we added them.
What else are cows known for? Being in burgers. So we have added burgers to the game! With this we have added a new fast growing crop of lettuce. Lettuce provides very little hunger satisfaction, but it is used to create burgers, burgers are by far the most filling food item in the game.
A long requested feature has been to have single orders for crafting and not just the "Keep in storage" crafting list. Its very straight forward, your orders will be put in and done regardless of how much is in storage until all of the crafting jobs have been given out.
Next we have added additional job priorities. You want your survivors to be able to do all the jobs but prioritize certain jobs? Now you can! Survivors will look for jobs that are high priority for them then normal then low.
As always thank you for all the feedback and support! Keep it coming, a lot of what is in this update came from you guys. Feel free to leave us feedback here on Steam in the Reviews/Forums or on our Discord. Next update is in two weeks with some more fun things and bug fixes.
Full(ish) Patch notes are below..
- Added Single crafting orders
- Added Cows
- Added Butchering job
- Added Butchers table
- Added Spike Traps
- Added Barbed Wire
- Added new research category: Defenses
- Added new Weapon: Machete
- Added new crop: Lettuce
- Added new item: Leather (Butchered from cows)
- Added new item: Burgers
- Added Tooltips for peoples needs in the people menu
- Added some more names to name list
- Changed animals no longer drop meat/items
- Changed how to get raw meat/turtule shells. Its now a butchering job
- Changed item names to be prettier
- Changed people to be slightly more resistant to catching colds
- Changed people to be selected first with right clicks.
- Changed job menu to allow for Low/Normal/High priority instead of just do/don't
- Changed tutorial screen to say you need seeds for your farm
- Changed people to no longer complain mid combat
- Changed Guts texture to look less like fish more like guts.
- Changed the text on the build menus to be prettier
- Changed Fisheries to not be a starting research
- Changed survivors to have slightly more room in their stomachs
- Changed scroll on popup menus to be a lot faster.
- Changed some of the buildings to have more descriptions.
- Fixed menu clicks clicking world in the top right
- Fixed bug with build/pickup jobs being linked on job menu
- Fixed cooking job not being respected from the job menu
- Fixed click clicking the world on the build menus sometimes
- Fixed capture still capturing when there is no pasture zone
- Fixed rare crash with jobs being wonky.
- Fixed graphical bug that had people go under farms/floors when building them.
- Fixed graphical bug that let animals hide under farm tiles.
- Fixed pumpkins not providing any nutrition.