Tons of new items and QOL updates!
This update is a pretty exciting one as we've included quite a few epic features. Our favourite being the Auto Deposit feature which will allow you to deposit items into a chest without opening it. Another huge QOL update are the improvements to the crafting system. Now you can click an item and craft it's prerequisites without switch tabs.
We apologize if we missed listing any new items or bug fixes. Other news, the Switch version is currently being worked on and we appreciate your patience as we get it to the best state we can. The Steam Workshop update is coming along way faster than we initially projected, we will have more news on that soon. If you would like to join the beta workshop we have more news on that in our discord.
There were also many many tweaks made to improve performance in this update, our initial feedback has shown huge leaps in performance. If you are experiencing problems though we have found reinstalling the game through steam and verifying game files fixes many. If you come across any bugs please let us know through steam discussions, or discord. Thank you!
Looking for some spoilers or tricks on how to get the new items? Head over to our discord here:
Quick list of the new items:
- Feeding Trough
- Fruit Tree Seedmaker
- Butterfly Garden
- Fish Drying Rack
- New Shed and Planters
- New Paintbrushes (40 new textures for walls and floors)
- Bouncy Mushrooms
This new island is available at the start when you acquire a wand, head to this island and defeat all the monsters for a huge chest of goodies. While you're here take in the view and collect the many resources that scatter the island.
A side note, it is possible to visit the island and avoid combat to collect the resources on the island.
A new item to feed all your farm animals around it, does not tame wild animals.
Fruit Tree Shop and Seedmaker
Bruce will start selling fruit trees after the fruit tree shop upgrade has been purchase from Frank. You do not need to complete the tree farm to open the fruit tree shop.
The Fruit Tree Seedmaker is a late game item that can turn 10 fruit items, (apple, lemon, orange, cherry, blueberry), into the tree/bush seed pack.
A 40 capacity storage item that can hold all food items.
Place up to 6 butterflies inside the garden. For every two butterflies they will drop a seed a day, max 3 seeds a day per butterfly garden.
Fish Drying Rack
Use the fish drying rack to dry a full stack of fish over 3 in game days. These fish yield more coin and give more stamina/health than grilled fish.
New Shed and Planters
There is a new white wood shed and white wood planter. When painted with the furniture paintbrushes they are painted soft pastel colours.
Bouncy Mushroom Items
New items at Pamela's shop. Can trade 10 red or blue mushrooms for a small mushroom furniture item. Can trade 25 red or blue mushrooms for a large mushroom furniture item.
There are 3 new paintbrushes the Glow Swirl Paintbrush, Swirl Tile Paintbrush and Stone Tile Paintbrush. There are also 3 new textures in the Pattern Paintbrush, a new wood texture, and 5 new textures in the Pastel Paintbrush. There are 40 new textures in total that can be used for the walls, floors, custom carpets and custom paintings.
QOL Updates and more Patch Notes
- Animals can now be dyed in the dyeing station but will only have color when following player.
- 15+ new quests
- If you pickup an item it will not go into you hotbar first if you're already holding the item. It will complete the stack in your inventory first.
- If you're holding a food item and are close to a trigger (example: shop table/chest) you will not consume the item.
- Fruit trees are visible to clients after day one now.
- Item shifting a planter moves the soil.
- You can craft the components for the item in the same place as the item if it is in the same workbench.
- Dogs and Horses can now appear as customers in the shop.
- New crafting recipe to turn Gold Poop into a Seed Mystery Box.
- The paintbrush textures that have lines in between walls/floors have been fixed.
- Frank no longer hides under the house.
- More Improvements on Customer AI
- There is now a pickup notification when you catch a butterfly/bee
- Plants in a no harvest zone will no longer show their "Press E to harvest
- When Opening Crafting Menu if the last recipe read is an option, keep it selected.
- Animals in stone paw should no longer be spawning items.
- Blueberry bushes visual bar growing problem as been fixed.
- Twitch chat is showing in game again.
Multiplayer bug fixes and updates:
- Fruit trees are visible to clients after day one.
- If Auto-grant permissions is turned on, apply all permissions when someone enters.
- Shop profits will be shared spam has been fixed.
- Name not showing up on "Connected" message has been fixed.
- Lag spikes when guest breaking trees has been fixed.
As always Thank you for all your support as we make our dream game, we appreciate it! If you'd to chat with the devs and community here are some links:
Devs are Dan and Kristina with the game audio by Thiago Adamo