1.5.0 patch is live!
Happy 2020! To celebrate, we're rolling out the patch one week earlier than planned. This time we are adding 3 new ships, some sandbox settings + some extra QoL improvements and bugfixes.
We've added 3 new ships, each can be found in new games in different zones:
- Orembai - Extremely Fast Speed, high fuel consumtpion ships
- Fretta - Ship with low fuel consumption and fast speed, good for waiting/idling on the map and fast-forwarding
- Atakebune - slow ship with lots of cargo space
Sandbox mode settings added, shown before the game starts
- starting ship
- starting amount of gold
- maintenance multiplier (if you want to make game harder)
- prices change at trade posts over time setting
- fast-forward does not consume fuel setting
Minor changes and adjustments
- fixed a bug when no mid-level shipyards appeared, at least one more shipwright is guaranteed to be found at central zone
- fixed a bug when caravan items would not sell properly at bazaar
- added crash-backup system: game makes save file backups every 5 minutes (so if your game crashes and save is corrupt - you will get the prompt asking if you want to restore your old save)
- 13 new mansion tiles: 6 stair building tiles + 9 planer tiles with small plants
- removed exploit that allowed selling/buying same items to level up tradepost
- mansion can recharge your ship now
- harvest tea / spices thumbnails fixed
- unused ships info display fixed (actually shows used ship amount)
- main objective panel will show the tutorial steps
- tutorial slightly reworked to prepare for "real" campaign, visuals improved improved
- UI: increased appearing text speed (in tutorial or building menu)
- UI: various typo fixes
- UI: gameplay setting screen rework with proper checkboxes
- UI/UX: Fixed island scrolling option added in gameplay settings
- Gameplay: tradepost prices are no longer fluctuating every month (this messes up caravan routes and is not very intuintive); can still be enabled in sandbox settings
- Bugfix: fixed a bug where you could visit islands while towing (and then get back to the same map position)
- Mansion builder: Adjusted the width / bounding boxes of some arches and doors, can place them closer to each other now
Hope you enjoy the new patch and, as usual, feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below.
The next patch is going to be Final Release patch, either in late march or somewhere in April. It will add A LOT of story related content and fully fledged missions/campaign system.
The price is going to increase by 5 EUR/regional equivalent on 15th of February. The idea has always been that we wanted to reward early-access players, hence the game price has been lower at launch. We have to increase it in advance, because Steam does not allow setting a game on discount 30 days after the price increase, and we want to have a launch discount special in addition to a lot of content added. I will make a separate post about this 5 years in advance to warn everyone. I don't think the game will be worth it in February, but I'm 100% that it will be worth its price after campaign update is up. Thanks to your support and you can still grab the game at a lowered price for some time!