Hey restless venturers, hope the frostal Wintery festivities treated you well. For the first update of the year I thought I'd just do a more general update with most of the game modes getting some bits and bob sprinkles of sprucing up. Enjoy. :]
// Lexicanium Hunt / Restless Adventures
- Added a new sub-stage called the Shroom Shack where you can pick a box to help you on your way (and has a little secret).
- Added a new sub-room where you can play a card matching game, match cards to win various prizes.
- Slimes Mire: There's now a chance of the area being Cursed. In which case most things are rather more explodey and bubbled, though there's a nice big extra chest to compensate.
- Fallen Sanctum: There's now a chance of the area being Cursed. In which case a purple haze envelops the region, enemies are all replaced with Cursed Boo Gravers, and the haunted statues fire magical projectiles.
- Blaspheme Librarium: If you've beaten the Lexicanium Hunt there's now a chance this region may show up in a Restless Adventure on either stage 6 or 7. The region now uses a 5x7 grid of rooms (instead of the usual 6x6).
- Bug Fix: The Stage Complete room would sometimes have mucked up level theme sprites if you came from a sub-stage, and the circle transition would for a split second be in the middle of the screen instead of the top.
// Cabins Reminiscel
- Hub World: Added a new area and two unlockable friendly people (so you can now buy bombs/health). To unlock them you have to meet them in the Mirrored Abyss and perform a few tasks. There's 2 new achievements for unlocking them.
- Passive items no longer have any effect in the Hub World (e.g. Newton Sphere, Monocles, Balloon, etc) as this causes too many problems.
- Bug Fix: In the outside Mirror Cave room using the Katanachi clan jumping high when entering the cave would clip through the front sprite.
// Clashful Cards
- At the start of each game you can now choose to redraw your cards up to two times (just in case you draw a naff set or fancy a gamble).
- Beginning a new game from the escape menu now resets your winning streak.
// Soul Survivor
- Added usuable items, though they work a little differently. There's a chance of the between Wave item being a usuable. If picked up it's auto-equipped and you cannot have more than one usuable item (picking up a second replaces the first). The usuable item pool includes: Glint Firecrackers, The Rocketeer, Bernard's Watch, Choccy Bar, Exotic Mushroom. Some of these items work slightly differently (e.g. choccies give limited invincibility instead of health).
- Item Pool: Added Newton Sphere.
- Game Over screen: Added the Wave number.
- Status screen: Removed the timer.
- Bug Fix: Using the Pro-HUD the Score was incorrectly aligned.
// Blood Moon Trials
- Restless Obstacles Trial: Tweaked the design a little so the Minesmither can jump over the last Gravetender and make it easier for him to reach the ladder.
// New Items
- Abracadabra Wand: Can be used to turn items into other random items, though each time there's a small chance of something unintended happening (either it randomises all your items, turns all items into mushrooms or switches your health and bombs around).
- Batty: Visually tweaked the design to make it a bit bigger so easier to see/hit (added a tail, eyes flash). Added a small effect when it first sees you.
- Buzzy: They now have a vision arc so can be sneaked up on.
- Sticky Tape: Is now instead used to repair usuable items to their full health.
- The small Normal and Gold Chests now have a very small chance of being booby trapped with live bombs.
- Fairy Fountain: You now get something nice if you bestow a Bottled Fairy.
- Shop: If you carry a Soiled Diaper then Shopkeepers will now remark on it and give you their last item if only one remains.
- Reputation Trader: He now has a platform in case you blow up the floor. When trading, the amount of your items it shows has increased, added menu paging if you have more than 18 items, and fixed a few minor bugs when selling items.
- Played around with the Exit Game menu options so submitting your score felt a bit more intuitive. In a Hunt/Adventure the option is to "commit seppuku" which asks to confirm it taking you to the game over screen where you can then choose to restart or quit to title screen.
- Menu head icons now reflect your current clan (e.g. status map screen, escape menus, compendium menus).
- Destroying the Hat Unlock big chests no longer creates Skully Ghosts.
// Misc Bug Fixes
- Fullscreen: Starting the game in fullscreen then turning it Off would muck up the graphic scaling.
- Vsync: This wasn't being applied at start of game if set to On.
- Going to the Abysm Challenges menu would reset the character customiser in the other game modes.
- If the Minesmither doesn't have a weapon (e.g. during a Trial or Cabin mode) then you couldn't switch directions.
- Runic Hammer: Sometimes the hammer was colliding with an enemy before the normal attack swipe so enemies weren't being killed when they should.
- Diaper: Both the Fresh and Soiled varients were in the item pool (just fresh will do thankies).
- Gnatty: They were not affected by Boot Spikes.
- Taurus: He could still poke you with his trident even when carrying his big bomb.
- Skeleton: Buried skellies will now awaken if the wall below them is destroyed.
- Stairs weren't crumbling if you destroyed the wall next to it.