Major feature update for Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency is out now! The update introduces a custom settings panel called “Mutators”.
The biggest news here is the highly requested Smooth Locomotion mode. This lets players traverse the game in a similar manner to classic FPS games, using the left analog stick (or grip buttons on Vive controllers).
Other features include bullet time, the ability to use enemy guns as well as gravity modifiers and much more. Combine freely among the Mutator settings and you are in for some really intense and truly hilarious gameplay moments!
The Mutators can be accessed by simply clicking the “Mutators” button (either while in the main menu scene or by popping up the in-game menu while playing). Some Mutators will disable achievements while activated. However, if you use them to make the game more challenging, for example by making enemies quicker and better at aiming, you will of course still be able to get your achievements.
We hope you will have as much fun playing around with these mutators as we have!
Full patch notes below:
- Mutators system (customize your game to your liking, some will disable achievements)
- Mutator: Homing knives (aka aim assist)
- Mutator: Smooth locomotion
- Mutator: Infinite Stabby Crystals (Grab the air for a free sharp object)
- Mutator: Bullet Time (Triggers slowmo when shooting or getting shot at)
- Mutator: Paltkoma (Triggers slowmo when eating)
- Mutator: Gravity modifiers
- Mutator: Enemy aim skill
- Mutator: Enemy detection speed
- Mutator: Bullet speed
- Mutator: NPC animation speed
- Mutator: NPC health
- Mutator: Starting equipment
- Mutator: Guns (guns)
- Level select (select which level you start a new game from)
- Winta VO bugfix in end fight
- Fixed bugs affecting Collectibles
- Items no longer pile up at world origin on load
- Can no longer cheat items through walls using the bow
- Fixed tool select lagging behind when moving (such as elevators, smooth loco)
- Various small fixes