Thank you for the support and feedback we have gotten since Winter Fury's release in December. With the start of the new year we are improving many of the player experience issues mentioned as well improving the core mechanics of the game. This update is part of a series of improvements we are working on for both the Tank Commander and Arcade mode.
- New models, animations, and shaders for the player hands and bandages
- Added a progressive damage state shader for the player hands
- Tracking on the player hands have been improved to better respond when tracking is obscured or lost
- When you let go of weapons they now blend back into position
- Descriptions have been added to the menu to better clarify what is included in the two game modes
- Fixed certain looping German audio that did shut off correctly
- Fixed some encounters with enemy units that appear out of thin air
- Vehicles shells in the Arcade mode have been better balanced to account for the different weapon types
- Various encounter and gameplay fixes throughout the Arcade mode
- An additional destructible buildings has been added into the Tank Commander mode
See our Discord for more information about upcoming features or if you have any issues surrounding the game.
Additionally, there is also a fix for players whose save data was overwritten by an update. Future updates will no longer affect save data and the game should restore you to the save file with the most progress unlocked. However, if this update does not restore the save file you desired you can also manually force it to update by following the steps below.
- Go to your save folder location for Winter Fury: The Longest Road. Usually under C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\LocalLow\SpiderMonk
- Copy the "SpiderMonK” folder and paste it to your desktop as a backup.
- Go inside the "SpiderMonk" folder to see your save data folders.
- Delete the "LongestRoad" folder out of the "SpiderMonk" folder
- Launch Winter Fury: The Longest Road from Steam.
This will restore your save file to the one with the most progress unlocked. For additional help please contact us on Discord for further assistance.
Thank you for the continued support. We have many plans for Winter Fury: The Longest Road and would love to hear your feedback on Discord.