This is a re-balancing release. It changes the way kinetic damage is dealt to the ship, making the mass-drivers a valid option for ship-to-ship combat. Breached reactor core will now have lower critical temperature, and this in turn makes it a lot easier to cause ship explosion with kinetic damage.
The upgrade and tuning screens got an face-lift. They are more readable, and the charts you see as part of simulation will now display exact values. You also get a warning now if your ship is not able to handle an upgrade.
This release also contains multiple stability bugfixes, physics performance improvements and many miscellaneous features. Full changelog:
- Re-balanced kinetic damage. Now it's lot easier to destroy a ship - or get destroyed - by breaching reactor with mass-driver bullets.
- New mass-driver fire effect.
- Added chart labels and level dangerous level warnings to upgrades and tuning menu.
- New blueprint-view special effect in upgrades and tuning menu makes descriptions easily readable.
- Added some command-line options to allow access to debug menus and unusual workarounds for players directly.
- Enceladus screen is now affected more by the graphics quality slider, improving performance on lower-end machines.
- Fixed some dialogs.
- Stability improvements.
- Fine-tuned physics engine performance.
- Optimized shaders.
- Cargo manifest is not all uppercase now.
- Updated translation files.