Monster Sanctuary 0.7.3 Update - QoL features
Hello Monster Keepers,
We’re working hard on the next area of the game and a whole host of new Monsters - but for now here’s a small update in-between with bug fixes, balancing changes and some of the most requested features from the community.
Here's what’s included with this QoL (quality of life) update:
We’ve added a new handy status menu where you can see all a Monster's relevant stats on a single screen - including learned skills, equipment, attributes, food, and experience points. This should make it easier to manage your Monsters and to share your own builds with the community.
Saving & Loading Teams
The second QoL feature of this update is the ability to save and load your team builds. This should make it easier to experiment with different team setups and Monster builds, allowing you to always go back to your previous team setups.
We tried to make it as seamless and intuitive as possible but here’s a brief explanation of how it works if you are unsure:
- Team saves save the six current Monsters on your team with their equipment and their learned skills.
- Team saves do not save food or shifts (which means that, if you changed the shift or food of a Monster after saving the team, they won't revert to the old shift or the old food when you reload the team).
- If you have acquired a higher upgrade level of a weapon or equipment after saving the team, the Monster will equip the highest available level of that weapon or equipment when you load the team.
- No skill resetter items are used during this process (even if a Monster's skills are changed by loading a team).
- You may have multiple different team saves and you may reload them an indefinite number of times (unless you delete them).
Ever since the first public versions of the game, this feature has been requested by many players: a way to filter and search for specific equipment. We realize that - especially once you get to the later areas of the game - you can easily get lost on the equipment screen with all the different available equipment. This feature will make it much easier to find all the best equipment for your Monsters!
The equipment filter feature allows you to filter your equipment for any one attribute. On the Monster equipment screen, there’s a button prompt to access the different filters (on a keyboard, it's the "F" key). To remove the filter, you just must press the same button again.
Reorganizing Combat Actions
It is now possible to change the order of actions for every Monster in the combat menu by pressing "M" (or select/back on gamepad) and then selecting the other action you want to swap positions with.
- Assault Shield value increased to 25% (from 20%)
- Lifelink healing value increased to 20% (from 15%)
- Combo shielding value reduced to 30% (from 50%)
- Glory buff now gives +20% critical damage again
- Defense damage reduction scaling decreased (for high amount of defense)
- Medallion now increases defense instead of max. mana
- Health values on equipment increased by 10%
- Health values of Health food increased
- Encapsulate heal amount slightly reduced
- Age Stacks value reduced to 3% (from 4%)
- Aeons healing is now capped to 7 Age stacks
- Shield Burst damage reduced to 350% (from 400%)
- Giants Bane now increases all damage by 5% and by 20% against enemies with a Health rating of 7 or higher
- Cascade and Overcast now also affect Healing and Shielding abilities
- Kongamato attack and magic base values decreased by 1
- Multiple Armor Break debuffs are now calculated multiplicative with each other
- Attack Proc and Magic Proc damage values increased to 35% (from 25%)
- Reworked Critical Hybridization: "The first critical hit of a physical attack triggers an additional hit equal to 60% of Magic value and vice versa."
- Weapon Break is now a Unique Aura
- Infinity Buff Stacks now give 25% damage (instead of 30%) but the damage bonus is calculated multiplicative for each single stack
- In PvP players now start to get Infinity Buff stacks 2 turns earlier. Also monsters coming from the backup will instantly get the amount of infinity buff stacks according to the current turn.
- Fixed default Music/BGM values to be again 40% BGM and 75% SFX
- Fixed multiple Glory buffs having no effect
- Fixed Armor break not be affected by Debuff Resistance/Debuff Weakness
Thanks for reading, we hope you all enjoy these QOL features coming to the game. The next content update will bring an entire new area to the game, so keep watch here and on or socials for more information! :)