Sorry for the late night patch! Due to the issues with items not feeling significant enough, .98 took some drastic measures to increase the feeling of satisfaction given by items. Unfortunately, I may have swung the pendulum a bit too far in the opposite direction and caused some issues. One of our members at the discussion forums managed to one-shot a boss, dealing almost 40,000 damage in a single blow. At the risk of being the fun police, I thought I should address it before it got too bananas.
- Fixed a bug where Dabby’s chat option could lock up
- Lowered bonus stat rate of higher rarity items. For example, the boost from .98 was 40% on a Lv. 5 item. It is now 20%.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t interact with the Keeper during a certain sequence.
- Fixed a bug where after draining the Oasis, re-entering could cause you to enter the wrong instance of the Oasis (drained, but you went into full, for example)
- Added a few folks to the credits for their amazing help w/ the game
- Adjusted how parameters (atk/def/mat/mdf/agi/luk) interact with stat rate from higher rarity items
These other changes are due to feedback again given on the discussion forums. I apologize immensely for the necessity of these quick-succession patches-- there's a lot of moving parts to the balance of this game, and my small testing circle can only catch so much. We had 3 separate, successful completions of the game without issue (minus balance concerns), so to find out that there's these many annoying little bugs still left is super frustrating for me as a developer.
Regardless, I'm obviously still in it for the long haul and plan on making this into the best game it can be. To me, it doesn't matter that we're in Early Access-- I'm asking you for your hard earned money, so it's on me to deliver a product that you feel is worthy of your time and effort. Hopefully the majority of you feel that we're there, or on our way there. If you don't, then I apologize and hope to do right by you in the weeks and months to come.
Anyway, it's 3am and I've been working on patches for 14 hours today, so I'm going to bed! I'll see you guys on the flip side :)