Release notes here. This one really is just a laundry list of tweaks and fixes.
- First up, lots of folks noticed that combat engineers and combat sentry frigates were not constructing in the prior build. This was the unfortunate intersection of some new (good) logic and some old (bad but not harmful until now) xml inheritance. That's now fixed!
- The right hand blank chat/log window in the lobby is now removed, making forumite Sounds much happier but possibly also frustrated since he was going to mod it out.
- The main menu no longer chugs with bad performance. That had to do with achievements resubmission to Steam, and didn't affect the GOG version of the game (but would have as we get GOG galaxy support in soon).
- We also are hunting an obscure performance drain that happens on the late game in super-high planet count games (200ish planets) with a few hundred thousand units and 8+ factions, etc. It's still a playable game on the savegames we have found there (about 40% speed at baseline), but we're hoping to clear that up so it performs as well as anything else. So far it's been investigation more than solution.
- The nanocaust now can use fire teams! (Oh dear.)
- Marauders can consolidate their planets a bit faster.
- Sabotage hacks are now less aggo and cheaper -- good for you.
- Beyond that it's just a handful of more bugfixes and tweaks.
More to come soon!
Please Do Report Any Issues!
If you run into any bugs, we'd definitely like to hear about those.
The release of this game has been going well so far, and I think that the reviews that folks have been leaving for the game have been a big help for anyone passing by who's on the fence. For a good while we were sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive on the Recent Reviews breakdown, but there have been a lot fewer reviews lately and so that has definitely had a material negative effect. Go figure. Having a running selection of recent reviews definitely is helpful, but at least we have a pretty healthy set of long-term reviews. If you've been playing the game and enjoying it, we'd greatly appreciate it if you'd drop by and leave your own thoughts, too.
More to come soon. Enjoy!
Problem With The Latest Build?
If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you'll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it's a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.
The Usual Reminders
Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.
Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn't have to super detailed, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that's how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.