Aaaaaand we're back for 2020! We had a nice little break over new years, we hope you did too =]
We've got some fun stuff in the first update of the new year/decade:
- Quest players can now play both Laser Tag maps ("Hangar" and "CyberJunk City")
- Quest players can now visit The Park (and all custom rooms build on top that base room)
Creation tool updates:
- You can now use the Maker Pen Manipulate tool on any volume (e.g., Trigger Volumes, Bounce Pads, etc.). This means you can finally adjust them after creation!
- There's a new Toggle Button dynamic prop. This is like the existing button, but it has two states (on/off). Use it with Circuits to create interesting behaviors. This button can be toggled by projectiles! Find the new button in the Maker Pen Palette under "Dynamic Props".
- The LookAt Gizmo can look at players (by specifying a role), and you can tell it to look at specific body parts (head, either hand).
- If you have a password set, you can now change it directly in the app. Go to Watch > Profile and hit the button!
- Fixed a bug where watch notification sounds weren't playing correctly.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't interact with the scoreboard in the watch.
- Added a "head bob" slider to screens platforms. This is to improve comfort for some players. Find it in Watch > Settings.
- Fixed a bug with the golf shirt poking through the shoulders.
- Fixed a bug with laser tag pistol and shotgun not rendering correctly.
- Fixed an issue where normals were rendering incorrectly on your left hand.
- Fixed an issue with audio being set incorrectly for the new "Fancy Bubble" item.
Please see here for convenient links to controls, tutorials, comfort options, etc.: https://recroom.com/community
As always, we love to hear your feedback, so please don't hesitate to let us know what you think =]