We've been truly blown away by the response from our quickly growing community. Your feedback has been instrumental to developing this patch, and we couldn't have done it without you. Thank you to everyone, from the team here at Lurid Spectre Games!
- Pyromancy and Piety combat controls have been improved. They now control similar to Fury, using light/medium/special attack controls with the mouse. You can use the old system by setting "Single-Spell Wisdom Clicks:ON" in Options.
- Doubled the speed of 'Collect' for breaking blocks. (This changed a default server setting, so it won't affect existing worlds, please update them manually).
- Blocks can now be built twice as fast.
- Tripled the number of natural light sources spawning in caves. (Won't affect already saved worlds).
- Greatly improved the appearance of water. It is also selectable now. (Water physics have not been added.)
- Halved the casting time and damage of Judgement, making it serve better as a light attack. Reduced its mana cost from 150 to 50. Also increased its PvP ratio from 50% to 75%.
- Focused Sunlight (level 5 purifier fusion) has been reworked: "Judgement deals 300% more damage, costs 250% more mana, casts 250% slower, and slows your movement."
- Reduced Sins of the Titans (level 15 Piety mastery) from 4% to 3% of the target's health.
- Eye of the Storm (Level 45 Piety Grandmastery) has been reworked: "Grace of the Wind casts 50% faster, and costs 20% less mana. It also allows full movement speed." (old: 150% speed/60% less mana/-50% power)
- Reduced the mana cost of Serenity from 100 to 80.
- Pyromancy spells now give full loot from destroying blocks, rather than half.
- Reduced the horizontal distance covered by Hunter's charged leap by about 50%.
- Massively reduced the distance covered by Hunter's automatic dodge.
- Spell config files no longer use flat mana cost or cast time. They now load multipliers. This is to allow future balance changes without erasing custom world settings.
- Made overworld night brighter. This should greatly improve gameplay for low gamma monitors.
- Building torches and ladders with keybinds no longer switches your selected spell to build mode. This reduces combat disruption.
- Warning messages for running out of mana, or having spells on cooldown, now display in the center of the screen.
- Lowered the volume of the title music by 40%.
- Added descriptions on mouseover for the challenge modes in the new game menu.
- Added a "Rotate" button to build commands, which rotates around the horizontal axis.
- The loading screen now displays a warning when you try to start the game with insufficient memory available.
- Fixed the behavior of mouse holding while using Wisdom spells, allowing swapping between mouse buttons AFTER casting. Keyboard-holding spells has been removed.
- Block select up and down keybinds now default to arrow keys (was period and comma).
- Removed some of the tutorial boxes from mastery selection for higher level players.
- Dungeon Graveyards are now enabled by default, since they show on the build tool screen. (Will not affect existing worlds, they'll have to be updated manually).
- Fixed a major bug where players could cast spells while flying through the air for a Crushing Leap attack.
- Fixed a bug where monsters could get severely stuck inside of blocks.
- Fixed a bug where mana checks for starting the swing of melee spells were ignoring masteries, but not costing extra.
- Cave music now plays deep in sandstone caves, based on height.
- Fixed a minor bug where allocating Rapid approach would change the channeling sound effect of Solar Fury, even when Magnetar was not active.
- Fixed a minor bug with the Strong Leap tooltip.
- Fixed a minor visual bug with torches against 3d object backgrounds.
- Fixed a minor issue where dead connections could stay active on a server, preventing that player from logging in again.
- Fixed a minor bug where, when the server owner sets a spell cost higher than 500, the mana bar extended out of its frame.
- Fixed a minor bug where build tools would be slightly inconsistent if executed while a text field was selected.
- Corrected the tooltip for Acrobatics.