The year starts with a new version of Tooth and Tail!
Several new features are focused on more customization and comfort.
The headliners are:
- a difficulty slider for the campaign,
- and Steam Workshop Mod support for multiplayer.
On top of that, the patch also comes with:
- a ladder reset (Season 4),
- multiplayer balance changes,
- some fixes for multiplayer map gen issues,
- and a couple of smaller improvements & bug fixes.
Difficulty Slider for Story Mode
You can now scale the difficulty of the campaign whenever you are on the Mission Briefing screen. 20% (lowest) should allow you to get past even the hardest missions, 180% (highest) is supposed to be challenging even for Tooth and Tail veterans. Note that leaderboard entries are only available for standard difficulty (100%), and speedruns as well as heroic achievements are not necessarily easier on reduced difficulty.
Steam Workshop Support for Multiplayer
It's finally live! On Steam you can use the Workshop to upload and play Mods!
Mods can include balance changes, completely new units, weapon swaps and more... Try it! Go nuts!
Here's a guide on how to do it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1934816955
Ladder Reset: Season 4
Seven players got past 1000 points on the ladder in Season 3, in this order:
The Gentleman, ThisGuy, Arilou, Haru, Legomann96, Imari, and James!
Now everyone gets back to their starting position and the new season begins!
Multiplayer Balance Changes
All the changes in a nutshell:
Toad, Pigeon, Mole nerf; minor nerfs to Skunk, Cham and Snake (daze); Boar and Badger buffs; cheaper (& weaker) Barbed Wire; kind of a Landmine nerf; general Daze nerf (stacking; starts weaker, maxes like before); randomized spawn Farm positions.
All the juicy details:
- Toad: 8 HP (from 9 HP), 2 damage in aoe (from 3), 4 direct (from 3), direct damage with 2x structure crit (from no crit)
- Pigeon: 3 HP (from 4 HP), 2s cooldown and healing duration (from 1s)
- Mole: 12 HP (from 14 HP)
- Skunk: 5s gas duration (from 6s)
- Chameleon: 34 HP (from 36 HP)
- Snake: Daze effect is slowly stacking (see below)
- Boar: Boar bomb has 2 tile radius = Lizard range (from 1 tile = melee/Toad)
- Badger: 64 HP (from 60 HP)
- Barbed Wire: 10 Food cost (from 20 Food), 18 HP (from 28 HP), 2 DPS (from 4 DPS), slowdown to 0.4x speed (from 0.2x speed), 0.25s sell time
- Landmine: triggers only if a unit is on the same tile (from 1 tile radius = adjacent tiles), Daze effect is slowly stacking (see below)
- Daze: slowdown by 10% per stack (i.e. 2 stacks slow down to 0.8x normal speed), max. daze slowdown is 0.6x (needs 4 stacks)
- Farms: spawn positions are randomized (again)
Map Gen Improvements
- Fairness calculation overhauled (mostly based on type, accessibility, and elevation level of expansions per player/team).
- Cabins are guaranteed to spawn out of range of a spawn Gristmills' farms.
- In 2v2, no player can spawn closer to an enemy than to a teammate.
Convenience Improvements, Fixes, Other
- You can now access Options (e.g. volume, controls...) without leaving an unranked lobby or the ranked queue.
- Crashes in/before the first campaign mission should no longer happen if the Cinematic is disabled.
- Fixed some translations and unit descriptions.
- Editor no longer crashes when trying to create a new map on Linux (affected only some systems, maybe also Mac).
- Commander portraits on the victory screen are positioned correctly, again (opposing factions no longer overlap after 2v2 etc.)
The 21 Generals event has started! In the pre-season tournaments last weekend, the three faction leaders have been decided:
- Jakobi for The Legion (red),
- Mishi for the Penal Squad (green),
- James for the Royal Knights (blue) - because he prevailed in the last two installments of the 21 Duels.
A total of 18 faction players and 12 mercenaries will fight for dominance in Vyeshal over the next few weeks.
See the last announcement for more details on this event!
Today, the 10th of January, starting at 6:00 PM EST, a one-shot adventure of the Vyeshal RPG will be played and streamed live on ToothAndTailTV on Twitch. Rumor has it that a well-known Mole and cheese connoisseur might be joining the party. Will his engineering skill be sufficient to make scout mines work, or will he screw up the whole team? Tune in and find out!