Hello, and welcome to our first Age of Empires: Definitive Edition update of the new year!
Today's build features several crash fixes, performance optimizations, game improvements, and even a few new features that are now available in the game: such as an Eye Candy slider to modify how much foliage shows up in the game, an ELO pop-up at the end of ranked matches, and new cross-platform invitations so you can more easily play with your friends on Steam and the Microsoft Store. Give it a download, then come join our community to talk about your experience or any ideas you have for Age: DE:
💬 DISCUSS: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Steam Discussions)
💬 DISCUSS: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Official Forum)
🗣 JOIN: The Age of Empires Official Discord
We hope you enjoy the latest changes, and will see you on the battlefield!
—The Age of Empires Team
------------- UPDATE 34483 -------------
◆ GENERAL ◆
- Implemented several performance optimizations for lower-end systems.
- Added a performance setting to select how much Foliage is displayed in the game. Look for the Eye Candy option in the settings menu.
- Added the ability to send cross-platform invitations to join a match.
- Improved the rate at which game lobby settings communicate and replicate to other clients.
◆ GAMEPLAY ◆
- Added a pop-up displaying your ELO changes following a ranked match.
◆ BUG FIXES ◆
- Implemented fixes to address several game crashes.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the lobby browser from properly refreshing.
- Implemented a potential fix for firewall issues with LAN servers on certain setups.
- Improved loading times when starting up the game.
- Improved the contract of text lettering on several screens.
- Fixed several minor UI and localization errors.