First off, we just want to thank everyone for the amazing reception we have had since launch!
We've been hard at working squashing the discovered bugs and improving the overall experience.
As announced yesterday, due to the nature of the overhaul of the phone system, this update will make older save files incompatible with the newest build. We know this isn't optimal but be sure to start a new game after downloading this update.
Additions and Optimizations
Controller QOL Improvements
Car Screen: Pointer moves faster now except when over the beeper. Since the car screen requires you to use the pointer to navigate anyways, pointer now also engages "level engage" lever like when in mouse/keyboard mode even when in controller mode, so holding a button and then pressing down are an optional alternative instead of the only way to engage a level in controller mode. Level Engage lever has a more accurate hitbox now to facilitate it being used in controller mode.
Phone Screen: Controller mode makes the pointer snap to keypad numbers (see below), and slows down over the codec up/down buttons.
Map Screen: The selection car hologram now moves more slowly over blocks in controller mode, so hovering over the right one should be less of a finicky process. Hovering over the beeper on the map screen makes the pointer move more slowly like it does on the car screen.
- After more than a few questions concerning non story/timed mode, we realized that the "Endless Mode" option wasn't clearly available as an option despite being available for a while now, so we made some visual changes to make that clear via the main menu. Below you can view the two different screens.
- Changed the Restock/Reroll/Barrel Equip/Equipment/Skill Upgrade screens to work more intuitively when using a controller.
- Phone dialogue prints out twice as fast.
- Updated the ragdoll system to use "Accessors", which should work more smoothly and efficiently.
- The phone system's backend has been completely overhauled. Variables concerning call progression were being saved/loaded improperly sometimes and therefore were not working as intended, sometimes causing crashes or unfinished storylines.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to become invisible if hit while entering/exiting an elevator.
- All exploding/tension traps are now incapable of being detonated via triggering until the player is within a reasonable range of having it onscreen. So your primary target shouldn't suicide off screen now!
- Fixed a softlock caused by Danny the Flash phone call not having a viable end.
- Fixed a CTD caused by the map screen not detecting an isobuilding in some instances.
- Fixed a CTD caused by VR Civilians not having enough animation frames.
- Enemies will no longer spawn in the exact position of another enemy.
- Enemies can no longer spawn in certain inaccessible areas.
- Added checks to make sure high end machines don't run the game too fast and inadvertently hinder performance.
- Fixed Master Detective/Deadeye bonuses and information being switched.
As always, click Follow to be notified of announcements like these! Also, check us out on social media. It always helps to have people like and share our social media content. If you're on Facebook or Twitter, look us up! :D