After a 2-month beta period, Streets of Rogue’s level editor and workshop support are now available to everyone!
A lot of work has gone into making the level editor easy enough to use that pretty much anyone can pick it up and start making some cool scenarios. Check out this video for a quick introduction to the tools.
In addition to levels and campaigns, you can also share the custom characters you’ve created through the Workshop.
A bunch of people have already started sharing their creations on the workshop. You can check them out right here.
And be sure to leave some feedback in this thread, I’m still taking suggestions!
- Level Editor and Workshop Support are now accessible to all players
- Custom characters can be added to Chunks
- Fix for cases where user-created campaigns and chunkpacks would not work in online games if they were in the Downloads folders
- Fix for an Error item appearing if player assigns an NPC’s item slot to “None”
- Direction can be set for Conveyor Belts
- Fix for the game assigning “Important” objects for quests that would be impossible, i.e. a Retrieve Item quest for a Generator
- Fix for cases where walls that the player placed into a chunk would not be saved properly
- Levels will still load if player chooses 'Exclude Standard Chunks' when using chunk packs, but there isn't enough variety
- Fix for Robot sometimes appearing with incorrect head color in online multiplayer games
- Fix for objects continuing to glow after being de-powered
UI / Controls
- Fix for secondary target that appears when using the gamepad moving around while the game is paused
- Fix for rare cases where Missions screen would stop taking input if entered while the screen was splitting in local coop mode
- Fix for Ammo Dispenser not playing animation if player only partially refills a gun
- Player can no longer attempt to give Cyanide to their followers
Status Effects / Traits / Special Abilities
- Fix for Power Sap not taking into account when player has turned the Damage Other Players setting off
- Fix for certain objects not reacting properly when hit by Power Sap as multiplayer client
- Fix for Error trait appearing on character sheet when possessing Goon
- Fix for Cops not being able arrest other Cops properly when they are Guilty
- Fix for Electronic players not being able to use Camouflage
- Fix for "No Effect" sometimes appearing when hitting Electronic NPCs with Power Sap
- Water sprays do not continue to damage players who have Electronic after death
Stats / Unlocks
- Fix for “Death By” reading incorrectly when Electronic player is killed by a water spray
- Big Quests can no longer require the player to Cannibalize/Enslave/etc. Assassins
- Fix for final level getting stuck at 87% sometimes when Mixed-Up Environments mutator is turned on
- Fix for Cops not becoming Hostile if Robot attacks NPCs with melee weapons
- NPCs conducting an investigation (such as Supercops spawned by Alarm Buttons) will not pay attention to irrelevant noises until the investigation is complete
- Fix for NPCs not becoming Hostile if you pour oil in front of them in their owned property
- Fix for NPCs sometimes not reacting to Boo-Urn and Gas if they are on the opposite side of a building where it is used
- Fix for saved games from previous versions not loading into the next level