First update of the year, we talked about the guardian in our previous announcement. This update puts the guardian into the game. We tweaked the talents and stats a little, but it's mostly the same beast.
The guardian will not be available in on-going games, but when you start a new game - you will see them in settlements that you capture. From our experience the guardian changes the defense game massively, if you want to protect a settlement - now, you most certainly can.
Aside from the guardian, here's a list of other changes:
- Upgraded graphics engine, metals will look a little different now, mostly just brighter
- A number of performance optimizations
- Prevented enemy heroes from learning logistics talent. It was not very interesting for them to have this talent.
- Added a couple of visual cues to the squad screen when the squad is under capacity
- Capped maximum level for wandering enemy squads to be somewhat closer to the player's units (thanks to JODEGAFUN for pointing this out on forums)
- Fixed a bug in auto-resolve related to summons, there was a case where it would not work as expected. We haven't heard of anyone having this issue, but hey - it's fixed now anyway.
- Replaced health talent icons to be more descriptive
- Healers lost regeneration talent, but got another defensive talent as a replacement. Regeneration was too strong, RIP regeneration. If you had regeneration - your talents will be reset automatically.
- Changed now Mandrake Juice works, it's now guaranteed debuff to make it easier to understand.
- Added a new tooltip to health bars on unit cards, it now shows current and maximum health.
- Improved French localization
- Improved Chinese localization