We are back from the holiday break with some fun new things. 'Head'lining our new updates we have added some new hairstyles. Mainly the lack of mustaches was a glaring hole in Rekindling. This has been resolved.
We are continuing to do small tweaks to make the game easier to use and understand as we watch more and more people play. A ton of small things such as, being able to cancel jobs that are already accepted, have been added based on feedback from you guys.
You can now assign beds directly to survivors. No longer will Rick be forced into the cot he picked on night 2!
The break between this update and the next one will be the longest between updates we have had since launching. There however is good cause for this. The next update will also be the largest since launching as we will be adding scenarios for you to play. This will give you a new way to play, by having an actual goal! Our goal is to add higher replayability by having a constant stream of new Scenarios made by us and you guys (Yes you will be able to make them by yourself for your friends and strangers!) With this the game price will be going up very slightly after the scenario update, so if you have just been lurking and haven't bought it yet, now is the time! The update will be coming out on the 21st of January.
Final thoughts & patch notes
As always thank you guys for all the support you have been giving Rekindling we have a lot of fun things planned for the new year. Hope to have another great year of killing Zims. Keep letting us know how we are doing, all the feedback helps a ton.
Full(ish) patch notes below..
- Added ability to cancel jobs that have already been accepted by survivors
- Added ability to change ownership of beds
- Added some ease of use things when controlling survivors.
- Added more male and female hairstyles
- Changed gamespeed to be preserved through pauses & saves
- Changed hit speed when controlling to not be as fast as you can hit the spacebar.
- Changed turrets to do more damage
- Changed survivors will now empty their inventory more frequently
- Changed Zims will now attack animals
- Fixed select box showing when going into control mode
- Fixed some layering issues with the pickup icon when controlling survivors
- Fixed bug that made people fall in love way to quickly
- Fixed bug that would show negative time till update if the update is late
- Fixed crash when you have a lot of mechs
- Fixed lag caused with large bases and mechs
- Fixed mech's jobs not counting when repairing
- Fixed mech's jobs not counting when crafting
- Fixed leaderboard scores getting put in as 0 sometimes on startup
- Fixed autopickup not being respected if the items were on floors
- Fixed Fisheries to no longer work when you build floors below them
- Fixed overlap issue with automech health bar
- Fixed Zims trying to attack automechs
- Fixed animals/automechs not making noises when walking
- Fixed sleep "Z"s still happening when the game is paused