Greetings, the inhabitants of our little forest!
This update focused on the story and setting of the game. All foes in the game are now talking! And they have something to tell about themselves, the kingdom... and the hero.
This is the first iteration on implementation of the existing plot and setting. But definitely not the last =)
Please leave your feedback at the forum discussions. We are eager to know do you enjoy game so far?
This is the last weekly update this year. After that we leave for the holidays. The next weekly update will be released on January 10th.
See you soon. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!)
Changes in version 0.201.
- Fixed glitch when closing the window for viewing unlocked cards.
- Fixed a bug that allowed in rare cases to get through the battle bypassing the battle
- Disabled previews of opponents waiting for you in a battle. In my opinion it is more interesting and better for immersion in an adventure. Seeing the same character in different places on the map is very strange in sensation when you know that he is a unique character.
- Minor changes in wording effects for easy reading.
- Opponents during the battle can say something to the hero. Speaking takes place in the course of the enemy, before causing damage. Speaking can be interrupted by pressing any button to skip and speed up the battle.
- Reworked behavior of pop-up numbers when receiving heal or damage. Now they are not in conflict and can be displayed simultaneously.
- Each character is now a personality. For this reason, you will no longer meet two identical characters in the same battle. This rule applies only to newly created missions into the regions.
- At the moment, 117 phrases are written for 19 opponents in the game. Each character has his own story and personality that determine the content of the phrases. Character stories are often intertwined, and their relationships are different. In the future, it is planned to add even more personality to the characters and the hero.
- A new character has appeared in the game. You can consider it a teaser of the eastern region. Unfortunately, he does not know a common language and for some reason is very aggressive = (
What to expect in the following weekly updates:
- Story. The victory over the barons will become more... meaningful =)
- Difficulty levels. Easy will allow you to go through the game...well, easy. Hard will remove the checkpoint system. Defeat in battle will mark the end of the campaign.
- New characters for the northern and central regions. Lots of new characters.
- New character abilities. Many new abilities. There is an idea to convey the personality of the enemy through their abilities. And also make ability sets specific only to specific regions.
- Reworking the system for gaining experience. Again. There are plans to create a mechanic for gaining experience for playing cards. On each card, it will be written how much experience it gives when played. There is an idea to make gaining experience more transparent for the player and create a sense of connection between actions in battle and a reward.