Another update? So soon after the previous one? You better believe it!
To celebrate the holidays, we have been hard at work bringing you somewhat of a surprise : another new level!
If you have been following Panoptic for a while, or seen some videos online, you might have seen the old level our original demo was set in. It was the first level design we made, back when Panoptic was just a game jam project we worked on in our spare time.
Now, that level is back, in a brand new look that is in line with the current style of Panoptic! We tried to make it as close to the original as possible, and hope you will enjoy (re)discovering this piece of Panoptic's history :)
Also, we heard a lot of feedback about performance, and while we are striving to make progress in that area all the time, one key way to make Panoptic work best for you is offering ways to tweak the graphics. And this update introduce a first basic way to do just that : you can now change the game's resolution! It is only the first such option we introduce, and hopefully a good step in making the game playable on a wider range of machines.
This option has also been ported to the demo!
Following is the full list of changes.
- NEW LEVEL : Relive the early days of Panoptic by trying out the new version of our original map. This level got us where we are today, and we are excited to reintroduce it to the game!
- Graphics : You can now select the resolution of the game, in both windowed and fullscreen mode.
- Graphics : The main menu now uses a better text rendering engine, make the text a bit more crisp (note: the control mapping screen does not use it yet, we will change that soon).
- Foundry : Fix the number of "extra Watchers" appearing at the start of the level when that option was selected.
- Tutorial : Added "blinding zones", showing you when you exit the intended area in VR.
We hope that you enjoy this new version, and do let us know what you think! :)
— Team Panoptes