Dear horror fans,
Thank you for playing through Episode 3 this week! We had a blast watching your reactions and reading your thoughts and opinions about this part of the story.
For those of you who haven't played it yet, or that want to experience it again, we have prepared a patch to improve the experience of A Twisted Trail, as well as a couple of general fixes. This is everything we are including in the 1.11 patch:
- Fixed a graphical bug that caused sharp FPS drops on camera change.
- Fixed a bug with the selection of additional personal items and collectible items on character select that could cause your choices to not be reflected in-game.
- Fixed a problem making The Abyss harder than intended.
- Fixed a bug which was causing the icons marking the dodge window for arm-grabs to not display at all.
- Fixed the character uttering a lot of phrases on overcoming The Abyss.
- Overcoming the first Abyss should now grant an achievement.
- Fixed a bug which could cause the wrong camera to be chosen after overcoming The Abyss.
- Fixed a problem with The Door causing it to graphically glitch on spawn.
- Fixed a bug with The Silence causing the thing to not get closer when it should.
- In the Archive, After exiting the white screen door, your character should now hold their light source correctly.
- The painting child should now properly despawn in the Newspaper Archive.
- Fixed a bug which wouldn’t reset the difficulty of releasing yourself in the Great Library upon losing a character.
- Fixed an unintended use of Maxwell’s Lucky Coin which would cause your character to freeze.
- The broken camera in the Great Library shouldn’t break more than once anymore.
- Fixed being able to fix the camera before it actually breaking.
- Fixed several loading issues in The Great Library.
- Husher’s Haikus should now have matching text and image.
- Introduced a lot of new sound effects and fixed many more.
- Fixed a bug which could cause your selectable characters to be incorrect. Restarting Episode 3 (or any earlier episode) should now fix this issue for players still experiencing it. Also, Husher won't be Daniel anymore :)
- Fixed several audio bugs.
- Added some missing wall collisions in the Interlude.
- Changing between slides in the projector puzzle is now done manually so everyone can choose their preferred rhythm.
- Fixed a shelf interaction in the Archive that would freeze your character upon completion.
As usual, we also wanted to highlight one of your most heartwarming comments about Song of Horror: thank you so much!
Celeste Bright: Just wanted you to know: Song of Horror is by far the best horror adventure game in my fairly extensive Steam library so far - I've been searching for this unicorn for too many years. So many things done right, so much love and care was clearly put into this.
And do not forget: The Presence is always watching you..._