The first chapter of story mode in Squally went live today! It's been awhile in the making.
Summary of changes:
- Removed mini-games menu. Mini-games have been rolled into the main game as puzzles/side content.
- Content up to the first boss released. The boss fight isn't implemented yet, so early-access content ends there. The released content includes story, items, helpers/followers, various game mechanics, and of course puzzles!
From here on out updates will be much more frequent. All major game systems have been implemented. Apologies for the previous buggy updates. I've been attempting to apply the startup mentality of "move fast and break things", but it turns out broken games suck quite badly. Squally should be much more stable and enjoyable now.
All I need to do from here is polish existing game mechanics, address any concerns players have, and release more content!
Some known issues:
- Hexus cards in the inventory menu don't show any stats.
- Items aren't stacking in the inventory menu yet.
- Combat camera can be a little weird/jarring -- the combat system needs a good amount of polish.
- Visual bug with mage portals showing up as red instead of blue (oops)
- Followers lack swim animation
- This game needs more music/SFX in many places