Today we have an update that introduces Zoo Staff that help around the Zoo!
Staff unlock after completing the "Impress Mayor Cutty" quest, or if you have already done so, they should automatically unlock when you reload your saved game.
If you like what we are doing with this game and want to help us out, please consider leaving a positive review on steam to let other people know about our game. We would really appreciate it.
Please see the full details of changes below.
There are 3 Staff types to choose from:
- Kitchen Hands - They work in the Kitchen and prepare meals for you.
- Pixamal Carers - These are Zoo Keepers that feed Pixamals.
- Maintenance Workers - These staff members can clean and fix enclosures.
As well as 6 Staff member characters - Clay, Daya, Karl, Matt, Adriana, and Kelly
Three random Staff member characters unlock after the "Impress Mayor Cutty" quest and you can choose if you wish to hire one or all of them.
Quests and story in future updates will allow you to unlock the remaining 3, and most likely more staff characters will be added in the future.
There are a few unique characteristics of zoo staff:
- Staff Experience - Staff gain experience while employed. As they level up, they get better at their jobs and their salary goes up.
- Staff Salary - Each staff member has a salary, that is taken from the daily Zoo income. This goes up according to the staff's experience level. This salary will show in the income breakdown at the end of the day. In multiplayer coop, it is split between all players.
- Work Points - Pixamal carers and maintenance staff have a number of Work Points that can be assigned based on their experience level. Work points determine how many Enclosures they can be assigned to manage. Enclosures will cost different amounts of Work points, and upgrades can reduce the Work point costs required. E.g. Maintenance Workers require fewer Work Points for enclosures with strong fences, and Pixamal Carers require fewer Work Points for enclosures with Pixamal feeders.
- Kitchen Hands don't have Work Points nor require assignment as they work in the kitchen, and have a meal capacity instead (the number of meals they can prepare in a day).
This staff update includes:
- A Staff menu accessed from the management screen.
- The staff menu allows you to hire new staff, review your current staff experience, assign them to enclosures, or rename them.
- Player characters also appear in the staff menu. In future work, this will be the place to see player skills and upgrade abilities.
- Billy appears in the Staff menu and counts as a Kitchen hand. He will occasionally help make a meal or two but will not gain experience. On the plus side, he works for free! :)
- Once hired and assigned to enclosures, Pixamal Carers and Maintenance Workers will walk around the zoo managing their assigned enclosures.
- Mayor Cutty's letter now includes details about hiring staff.
- All characters have a new feeding animation
- Improved the steel fence tile on the map where fences cross in a plus shape
- The multiplayer "waiting for other players" now has a dark shadow behind it to help with contrast
- Maps automatically zoom out and center when selecting enclosures or decoration spots
- No more than 12 Pixamals can become hungry in a given day
- Pixamals will not go hungry once there are total of 24 hungry Pixamals
- Purchased Pixamals are more likely to become hungry in a staggered way
- Replaced "animal/s" with "Pixamal/s" in various story and quest text
We look forward to hearing more feedback from the community and continuing to improve Pixamal Zoo! Please submit feedback on Discord or on our Steam community page.
Thanks for the support,