Hey everyone! We're back again with another update for Pummel Party.
Todays update brings us to version 1.7.1 and includes both feature and content updates.
With this update we've added a new feature called 'The Pummel Awards' this is an update to the core board game mode that makes the last few turns of a game more interesting. Throughout the game we track certain statistics and then at the end of the game we give out goblets to the players that have achieved certain challenges.
By default the Pummel Award challenges are as follows:* Player with the most damage dealt at the end of the game.
- Player with the most keys gained at the end of the game.
- Player with the most minigames won at the end of the game.
These challenges are completely customisable, you can set them up to track different statistics, to be given out at the middle of the game or at the end or just completely disable them it's up to you!
We've added two new minigames with this update which include the following. Motor Murder. - Show your driving ability and gather powerups to aid you in destroying your enemies. Sharky Swim - Try to escape or play as the shark and kill the real players before they get away!
With the addition of the Pummel Awards the options for the game are becoming more complex along with this and our plans to provide more options in the future we've decided to add a new way to manage and control your game options using rulesets. With the new ruleset system you can create and manage multiple different rulesets controlling things such as active minigames, items and how the Pummel Awards are given out. In addition these options are now networked from the host to the clients so you can see what options a host has set in the lobby.
[h2]Post Game Statistics[/h2]
We've added a new statistics screen that you can view at the end of the game so that you can get a better idea about how the game went. Right now we track the above statistics (let us know what statistics you think we should add in the future!)
[h2]New Hats[/h2]* Elf Hat
- Unicorn Hat
- Cupcake Hat
- Ice Cream Hat
[h2]New Unlockable Capes[/h2]
With this update we've added a new type of cosmetic for you to show off your style! These new special capes can be unlocked from the 'Unlock' menu on the main screen using the goblets you've earned in game. We'll be continuing to add new capes in future updates so let us know what kind of special cape you think would be cool!
- Golden Cape
- Rainbow Cape
- Fire Cape
- Money Cape
This will be us signing off for 2019 but we're excited to see where we can take Pummel Party in 2020. Thankyou all for your support and kind comments! We'll see you again when we release our next update.
[h2]Pummel Party Patch Notes 1.7.1[/h2][h3]General[/h3]* Added Pummel Awards
- Added Rulesets
- Added post game statistics to end game screen
- Added minigame Sharky Swim
- Added minigame Motor Murder
- Added Unlock menu[h3]Cosmetics[/h3]* Added 4 new hats
- Added 4 new capes[h3]Improvements[/h3] Improvements to Aerial Attack minigame[h3]Bug Fixes[/h3] Fixed a bug that prevented multiple game saves in the same session
- Fixed a bug where gaining keys while moving towards the chest would not count towards paying to open the chest
- Fixed a bug where gaining keys just before game end would not be counted
- Fixed a bug that showed arrows keys instead of analog sticks for movement controls
- Fixed a bug where the shotgun would remove a players cactus while also doing damage