Updated unit models
The models of units, horses, elephants and wolves got changed a bit to better match the style of the other models. There are no more sharp edges on the unit models and limbs are connected. In addition to that, all armor and clothing items got updated to match the new unit model and are skinned over the limbs.
The custom battle editor is probably the place where players spend most of their time in the game. This update contains some improvements for it:
- The editor shows the available key inputs while placing units or interacting with selected units
- Updated the effect of selected units/objects/... to make the effect less bright and irritating.
- Players can now copy/paste (duplicate) selected units/objects/... and place them to another location
- Rotating selected objects will now also rotate units/objects/... placed on top of them
- Selected units will now show their attack range and guard range
- Reduced memory usage. This can help to prevent editor crashes on low end machines.
- Most of the UI elements have slightly rounded corners now
- The values of the terrain manipulation panel can now be entered in a text field to allow accurate adjustments
- Lasers are less visible now
- Adjusted the horse rider height
- Added santa clothing to the unit creator
There is no new christmas content available this year and no event. The reason for that is that there is already christmas content in game from the 2017 and 2018 and a lot of time has been spend in improving the game instead of creating temporary content and events.
Just in case you missed it, this is a list of all christmas stuff in game:
- Christmas biome
- Santa unit & Shotgun santa unit
- Snowman guard unit
- Snowball thrower unit
- Santa clothing
- Christmas rod weapons
- Candy stick weapon
- Present grenade
I dont want to bore you with the list, but some bugs got fixed. Some AI bugs are still in game, because the AI is currently being developed in a separate version of the game.
Work in progress + plan for next year
There are currently two big things being worked on:
- All gun models are being reworked with improved/new models, iron sights, improved viewmodels and adjusted sizes
- A lot of AI bugs are getting fixed and new features are being added
Fixing and improving the AI is a long term process which requires a lot of testing because there are so many possibilities and edge cases in this game that it's hard to make the AI work in all of them. But we will get there eventually next year.
There will be no more major updates in 2019, and the next update is scheduled for early January 2020 with the new gun models and improvements.
In general, there will be longer periods between the updates in 2020 to improve the stability of the game and get it into a more polished state. There will also be less new content, because the focus is on improving and polishing existing stuff.
Other than that I can just thank all the players of this game and all the people who suggest things and report bugs.
Merry christmas and a happy new year. See you guys in 2020!