[h3]Light up the Holiday[/h3]
The holidays are almost here and we have a number of special Christmas surprises for you explorers. As befits the holiday season, your basecamp has been decorated and a new puzzle has appeared… somewhere. Let’s see if you and a friend can figure out where it is, and how to solve it. If you succeed, the festivities can begin!
[h3]A year of Total Mayhem[/h3]
This past year was quite an adventure for us at the studio, full of intriguing puzzles and great highlights! One of the most memorable moments for us was the release of We Were Here Together - it was humbling to see our game in the top steam sellers for October 2019. To date we've almost sold 100,000 copies of We Were Here Together. Thank you all for your support!
To get a peek at how the year was for us developers, take a look at our series of Developer Diaries series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tThcTabRnU&list=PLHCVEMHWZo4TZVWjKAiVw0VcvQkOm_-Po
Three episodes are live already, and the fourth and final installment will be live on December 30th!
Another cherished moment was the release of We Were Here and We Were Here Too on Xbox One. The inclusion of We Were Here in the ‘Games for Gold’ helped introduce a lot of new players to the series. We can’t wait to release We Were Here Together on Xbox One as well in 2020!
We’ve also been nominated as one of the top 100 games in the Adventure category on IndieDB. With less than two days of voting left, your support would be greatly appreciated!
We also would like to take the time to thank the community for another awesome year, our partners for their great support and we want to wish you all happy Holidays and hopefully a new year with even more awesomeness for you all.
- Added a christmas themed puzzle to the basecamp.
- Revamp of the default controls. Player who have played before will keep their settings.
- Skipping a cutscene is now done by a HOLD action.
Resolved Voice Issues:
- The incoming voice volume is no longer bound to master volume. This should fix some volume issues with the voice chat.
- Added experimental audio settings - marked in yellow - to test out. We would love to hear any feedback regarding the functionality of these settings. (The ‘Microphone level’ slider is set to your system level by default. Adjustments are directly applied to your system microphone level)
- Intro animation Wall is now synced properly.
- Mirror Room paintings should no longer fully rotate when clicked once.
- Players should no longer be able to jump in or out of a rotating door in the cave while it is rotating to prevent softlocking.
- Added proper controller button images to the menu.
- Fixed several desync issues in the mirror room.
- The purple orb pistons should now be retract on both sides in the mirror room.
- Optimized a ton of meshes throughout the game increasing performance.
- Selected button behaviour in the menus should now be more intuitive and consistent.
- Fixed several audio effects.
- Fixed some edge cases around inviting and leaving a session just before starting.
- Gamepad horizontal/vertical look speed should feel more consistent now.
- Changed some visual UI elements throughout the game.
- Fixed several seams in meshes throughout the game.
- Fixed an issue where spamming the ‘switch side’ button in the lobby would cause a desync.
- [spoiler]The Jester's laugh no longer cuts out during the alchemy cutscene.[/spoiler]
- Added some additional sound effects throughout the game.
- Fixed an issue where players would end up in a softlock if their partner disconnected when inspecting a world element.
- In-game menu should now work properly with a D-pad.
Known Issues we (still) intend to fix:
- Looking for a substitute for performance-heavy fog.
- Desync of player position in rotatable doors.
- Credits will be made legible.
- Textures that might be incorrect.
- Visual inconsistencies in the throne room.
- Falling through the world in some specific edge cases.
- Several game freezes.
New features we are looking into:
- Color blind support.
- Additional voice chat options.
- Additional checkpoints for Chapter 7.