Project Winter v1.1.11877 Holiday Update
Hey everyone, we’re dropping our holiday update just in time to help you get into the festive spirit! This update brings several holiday themed cosmetics with both a new crate and a new progression tree. The map will also be decorated to match the season, and we have more surprises waiting for you in game. We’re also bringing in some new game features, such as additional objectives and a brand new store that introduces an entirely different currency system!
New Store: Introducing our new store which will feature a new type of currency that will be harder to obtain compared to our usual SP. This currency can be used to buy a selection of new cosmetics in the store, our monthly updated Steam store cosmetics, and special unvaulted items that will come from our catalogue of past items. Make sure to spend your currency wisely!
New Primary and Secondary Objectives: We’ve switched things up a bit :) Primary and secondary objectives now have a wider variety of different objects that can appear, plus the introduction of a new secondary objective in which survivors must hunt down three batteries to power up the escape.
New Holiday Event: The new holiday event includes decorations across the map, a limited time crate and a new progression tree to unlock.
General Stability and Bug Fixes: See the patch notes below to get all the information on our stability changes and bug fixes for this update.
Steam Store Items: We are also refreshing our Steam store items along with this update, we have 10 new items with colour variations!
- Poison Crossbow Changes: stun from vomit effect is now much quicker (approx. 25% of original duration) and only triggers when player is first hit, not randomly for the duration of the poison effect. Duration of poison effect also reduced from 20 secs to 15 secs.
- Traitors now have a new HUD element displaying the survivor roles present in the current match, which replaces the icons being visible on the individual survivor nameplates.
- Fixed survival points not being awarded when quitting to main menu via results screen after dying
- Fixed player being able to move before they should after opening a sabotaged crate or other object that opens an inventory UI
- Fixed case where being knocked down on the same frame you started playing an emote could break your character
- Fixed case where having the emote wheel open and dismissing it after your character gets knocked down could let you move before you should be able to
- Fixed vomit pfx appearing from your character after taking a traitor hatch or disembarking from escape vehicle after being poisoned and having vomit trigger at least once
- Fixed vomit effect no longer triggering if player takes a traitor hatch while poisoned
- Fixed case where vomit effect for host player could stop triggering if they were poisoned and cured it with a medkit
- Removed some redundant information pop-ups appearing in-game which are now covered by the tutorial
- Fixed proximity voice indicators on player nameplates not being obscured when behind another object like the player name is
- Fixed event cosmetic items not displaying the correct rarity colours
- Fixed issue where pressing the escape key multiple times on the opening splash screens could cause an error popup to appear
- Fixed results screen not appearing when the appropriate button is pressed on a controller
- Fixed controller mapping screen labels not being localized
- Fixed snowball sounds being audible on main menu when not in interactive lobby
- Fixed cabin chest opening on its own when a game starts (causing the opening sound to play in the background)
- Fixed various issues and added new optimizations for animal AI
- Fixed contextual actions for a player corpse not immediately reappearing after performing the clothes swap action
- Fixed issue with certain boot cosmetics where pants colour would reset when they are equipped
- Fixed various cases where crates in bunkers could be accessed from outside
- Fixed various clipping issues with cosmetics
- Fixed potential discrepancy on custom settings panel if original lobby host left
- Fixed some cases where items could be dropped inside bunker doors
- Fixed various environmental issues with the maps
- Fixed issue where dead animals could play their death animation again if the player takes a transport hatch and any are within range
- [Blackout] Fixed yeti receiving bonus objectives that can’t be completed
- [Blackout] Adjusted some UI elements to improve visibility on the darker background of the Blackout game mode
- [Blackout] Increased radius of artifact effect by 250% to better match effect visual